• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Is it possible to bypass N3M / MEPS?

Navy Ship

After reading the NAMI flight physical guidelines, it seems my vision is ok by NAMI standards. I would technically be able to wear contacts and fly. However, from reading the gouge on this site, it seems that I will be disqualified by N3M.

I thought the flight physicals from NAMI would be more strict and more official than N3M.

So would it be possible for me to get a NAMI physical and use it over the N3M physical?

exNavyOffRec

After reading the NAMI flight physical guidelines, it seems my vision is ok by NAMI standards. I would technically be able to wear contacts and fly. However, from reading the gouge on this site, it seems that I will be disqualified by N3M.

I thought the flight physicals from NAMI would be more strict and more official than N3M.

So would it be possible for me to get a NAMI physical and use it over the N3M physical?

Your question would need more info, but in general in some cases you can get a civilian physical, but all roads lead to N3M, now N3M will defer to NAMI for final determination on aviation eligibility but you have to meet basic requirements, some things NAMI will give on, others they will not, basic vision they don't really budge, surgery sometimes they will.

Navy Ship

Your question would need more info, but in general in some cases you can get a civilian physical, but all roads lead to N3M, now N3M will defer to NAMI for final determination on aviation eligibility but you have to meet basic requirements, some things NAMI will give on, others they will not, basic vision they don't really budge, surgery sometimes they will.

My civilian doctor measured my vision at 20/200. According to this:
http://www.med.navy.mil/sites/nmotc.../1_Waiver_Guide_Physical_Standards_130530.pdf
I am eligible to pass the Class I, Medical Service Group 2 and 3 Flight Physicals. As far as I'm aware, the trainer aircraft in flight school are all dual control.

exNavyOffRec

My civilian doctor measured my vision at 20/200. According to this:
http://www.med.navy.mil/sites/nmotc.../1_Waiver_Guide_Physical_Standards_130530.pdf
I am eligible to pass the Class I, Medical Service Group 2 and 3 Flight Physicals. As far as I'm aware, the trainer aircraft in flight school are all dual control.

you can go NFO but not SNA, a person has to meet basic entry requirements, so a person that has their eyes go bad AFTER they meet requirements can still fly.

You can get PRK or LASIK and then go SNA

Navy Ship

you can go NFO but not SNA, a person has to meet basic entry requirements, so a person that has their eyes go bad AFTER they meet requirements can still fly.

You can get PRK or LASIK and then go SNA
I see, thanks for replying. How long do I have to wait before submitting a waiver with PRK? I've heard 3 months and 6 months. Which is right?