• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Information about API

IronDuke

Hello all,

I have seen a few threads that sum up API, but some of them are out dated and it seems like things are always changing. As of right now, what is API like? Medical? Academics? Etc.?

I am going there in September. Anything I can do to prepare now?

AllYourBass

I'm okay with the events unfolding currently
pilot
Reposting my response from this thread earlier in the month because I think it works fine here:

I honestly don't recommend studying ahead of time for API. Enjoy your free time while you have it, because you're about to become a career flash card maker and seasoned study master really soon.

If you're dying to kill spare time, skim through the pubs to get an idea about what the classes are about. Maybe geek out a little bit on the T-6B specs since you'll be flying it for awhile (I'm assuming the pubs have been updated from the T-34 since I've been there). But while you're in API, you'll only have enough room on your mental plate to fit everything for your two relevant classes at a time, I promise :)

Spartan43

STEEEEEEEEEVE
None
Don't let your fitness slide while you wait. You'll have a PRT the first day of classing up and will be in the pool every day as well.

JollyGood

Flashing Dome
pilot
Wednesdays: Nickel Beer Night at Seville followed by Ladies' Night at Fishhouse

Flora-bama and Flounders to supplement.

You are welcome.

buzznuttz

Wings of angels keep me afloat
Is living in Milton a bad thing while attending API. My CO went through 10 years ago and said pool time is 0500 m-f...that my time driving is time wasted when I could be studying. Living in Milton because I own a home there with my wife and kids

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
Is living in Milton a bad thing while attending API. My CO went through 10 years ago and said pool time is 0500 m-f...that my time driving is time wasted when I could be studying. Living in Milton because I own a home there with my wife and kids

It's a pain in the ass to commute that far, but it's only for 6'weeks of actual API, plus however many months of a/c pool. If you own a place in Milton, it's stupid for you not to live there, unless you've got it rented and turning a profit already.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

Yeah, what zippy said. The commute down from Milton will be a hassle, but while you're pooled and in API you'll have predictable daily start times and unless you get tagged with duty, you're never there past 1630. Oddball hours are the norm flight-side, and you're better off living close by.