• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IDC Mobilization opportunities

bryanteagle6

I havent seen a post like this - lets start one! For security, keep your details vague enough. ie. don't give out specific locations, units, or tactical job information.

Has anyone heard or seen the type of mobilization billets that are being filled right now in the IDC RES? Maybe with first time mobilization O-2 or O-3 billets and even O-4 billets? Length of time, location, basic job?! An officer told me a year ago there was a 60 day MOB for a INTEL O-3 RES in england, but that was a year ago. Any updates with A'stan supposedly closing shop!?

RHINOWSO

"Yeah, we are going to need to see that one again"
None
I'm still on the reserve MOB distro emails, I still see plenty of 180-365's to the usual suspect shit holes. I figured they would start winding down but with the AD seeming to shed some measure of MOBs, it seems like the amount in the RES is pretty steady - that is just my non-scientific observation of seeing the emails come and go over the past 3-4 years.

When Libya was going there were some shorter 60-90 day MOBs to Italy and such, but usually if they are going through the trouble of getting you spun up to go, they'll get at least a 180 out of you ass. ;)

bryanteagle6

When I was doing my interviews for IWC DCO board, the o-5 that sat the panel said he is the only 0-5 in the IWC reserve that isn't deployed right now. Can anyone comment on this?! Does anyone know how many 0-5 IWC even has in the reserves, etc. thanks

Hair Warrior

Contributor
There are CAC-required SharePoint sites on the low side that list the AD/ADT/ADSW opportunities for NIFR JOs.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
When I was doing my interviews for IWC DCO board, the o-5 that sat the panel said he is the only 0-5 in the IWC reserve that isn't deployed right now. Can anyone comment on this?! Does anyone know how many 0-5 IWC even has in the reserves, etc. thanks

That would be a big fat no.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
interesting... maybe they just wanted to see my reaction to the "you WILL mobilize" statement/question during the panel interviews.

Your chances of mobilizing, as of right now, are almost certain if you remain in the reserves for a 20 year career. There are always exceptions to the rule with folks who are medically DQ'd from deploying to folks who are just 'lucky' but I would hazard a guess that 90-95% of folks who do a full 20 in the reserves would MOB if things remain the way they are now, which they won't but it is a good starting point. What the CDR may have meant to say is that he is the only IWC O-5 (that he knows) who has never deployed/mobilized, that would be pretty unusual nowadays but not unprecedented.

fieldrat

Fully Qualified 1815
I know that NSWG is taking applications from SELRES folks. PM me if you want the (CAC-enabled) details.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Your chances of mobilizing, as of right now, are almost certain if you remain in the reserves for a 20 year career. There are always exceptions to the rule with folks who are medically DQ'd from deploying to folks who are just 'lucky' but I would hazard a guess that 90-95% of folks who do a full 20 in the reserves would MOB if things remain the way they are now, which they won't but it is a good starting point. What the CDR may have meant to say is that he is the only IWC O-5 (that he knows) who has never deployed/mobilized, that would be pretty unusual nowadays but not unprecedented.

At one point we were being told that if you were non-deployable, you'd be sent off to the IRR. I assume that was to discourage folks from looking for a 'golden BB' medical condition that would allow them to continue drilling but not have to mobilize.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
At one point we were being told that if you were non-deployable, you'd be sent off to the IRR. I assume that was to discourage folks from looking for a 'golden BB' medical condition that would allow them to continue drilling but not have to mobilize.

There were at least 3 folks in my current unit at one time 2 years ago who could only deploy CONUS due to permanent medical issues, I believe they had to get a waiver every year but they were still drilling and one is on ADSW right now in Norfolk. The only reason I found out was I did manpower stuff for a while, I was surprised they were able to keep drilling but never really delved deeper.

Last edited: