• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

HR DCO Applicant

wingman007

Hello,

I am a HR DCO applicant for this upcoming board on Dec 10. I am just curious as to whether anyone knows how many applicants there are and if there is a set quota?

V/r,

Wingman007

exNavyOffRec

Hello,

I am a HR DCO applicant for this upcoming board on Dec 10. I am just curious as to whether anyone knows how many applicants there are and if there is a set quota?

V/r,

Wingman007

I believe the sheet I looked at last time I was at the NRD said "6" but not sure if that was a preliminary number or not, I know this is the first board that they are going to require a PHR certification.

wingman007

Ok last question, Is there a way my recruiter can tell how many applicants are going up to board?

Thank you for the information, my kit has been up for a while now without getting kicked back and meps has been done since sept and got PQd.

Time to sit back and hope fr the best.

exNavyOffRec

Ok last question, Is there a way my recruiter can tell how many applicants are going up to board?

Thank you for the information, my kit has been up for a while now without getting kicked back and meps has been done since sept and got PQd.

Time to sit back and hope fr the best.

Sometimes that data comes out before, but generally not for DCO until after the board is done, however given the new PHR requirement I would imagine the numbers are down, I don't remember seeing that many in the past that wanted to apply that actually had a PHR.

wingman007

NavyOffRec,

Once my kit is in, is there any way to add more designator choices that still have upcoming boards or would it be too late?

exNavyOffRec

NavyOffRec,

Once my kit is in, is there any way to add more designator choices that still have upcoming boards or would it be too late?

Nope, it would result in your kit being pulled from the board, the thing is with DCO candidates it is rare for a person who is a fit for HR to also fit for say Supply, they look for different people, essentially if you are a real good fit for one you aren't going to be competitive for the other designators.

wingman007

Nope, it would result in your kit being pulled from the board, the thing is with DCO candidates it is rare for a person who is a fit for HR to also fit for say Supply, they look for different people, essentially if you are a real good fit for one you aren't going to be competitive for the other designators.

Ok, I was told by my recruiter that HR was the best fit according to my quals and advise from his processor. Is this common?

exNavyOffRec

Ok, I was told by my recruiter that HR was the best fit according to my quals and advise from his processor. Is this common?

yes, I am guessing that you are in some type of HR job, in certain cases the actual degree doesn't make much difference it is the experience in the field and the quals in that field.

exNavyOffRec

in regards to the records are reviewed and they pick the best candidates based on what the board decides are important factors, then yes

wingman007

ok I was just wondering because I saw in another thread that the board sometimes never meets in person. Is it that each member gets a certain number of applicants they choose then they confer with each other?