• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Homeowners Assistance Program

MasterBates

Has anyone used this in the past, and has anyone seen the new changes yet? The .mil site is saying that they can't publish the changes until the Federal Register is updated.

http://hap.usace.army.mil/

Basically, I'm trying to see if I can use this to help get rid of my house. The ex got it in the divorce, and all the equity. Mortgage remains in my name. With the market crash, after closing costs, it will be negative $10-20k if it sells.

Even though she wanted and demanded (and got) all the equity, now that the equity is negative, she is trying to go back to court and stick me with the negative equity from the house.

I just want to be rid of the damned place, and she had the gall to tell me "but only one of your DH bonus checks will wipe out the negative equity".

I believe I told her (via lawyer) to "Go back to hell and go fuck yourself on the ride down". In more polite legal terms anyways.

Any info on the program would be appreciated.

et1nuke

pilot
Contributor
She seems to be just smart enough to keep wasting her time trying to suck you dry. That would get annoying after awhile....I can't even imagine.

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
under what basis would you claim your house in Mayport/Jax was affected by a BRAC or some other base closure?

MasterBates

The changes I have heard about are basically for people who got stuck upside down and have PCS'd. I saw it on the news, my realtor has heard of the upcoming change in a trade magazine, but the updated law has not hit the federal register yet it seems.

Basically it is supposed to be no longer tied to BRAC. I normally hate government handouts. But since the government saw it fit to give all my assets and half my pay to that bitch, I no longer really give a shit.

MasterBates

The problem I am running into is that the HAP website, has not changed to reflect the announced change. Looks like I'll have to hang out in Marshal for a while on this one.

phrogpilot73

The problem I am running into is that the HAP website, has not changed to reflect the announced change. Looks like I'll have to hang out in Marshal for a while on this one.
I'll talk to a guy at work, because it's already been signed into law (with the abortion of a $787B "stimulus" package). He's in the process of the paperwork, since he's taking it in the shorts with his house in SoCal. I'll call you tomorrow after I talk to him.

Goober

Professional Javelin Catcher
None
You should have caught me in the office about 6-7 weeks ago. I just signed off on certification paperwork for two guys in the squadron but can't remember off-hand who it was. One was a staff guy, one was a cat-many. I'll be back in next Monday and will see if I can remember who and point you along. Just come by and remind me.

Goob83

None
I called the folks on the website and message to see if I qualifed based off a PCS move and the market falling off. I was told no only BRAC. I made the call when I first heard of the program i think in Jan of this year so i hope it has changed. Please keep this thread active. I don't get on here to often any more with the new job.
FYI my house that does not qualify is in Charelston SC adn BRAC did close several bases there, but I was not stationed there at the time and my house was not upside down when i moved. These were also contributing factors to why I was told NO!

Rubiks06

pilot
Ive got the application and all the data on it at work PM me with your e-mail addresses and ill send them to you.

diapers0630

I have a HAP package in appeals at the moment so I figured I would revive this thread. I have heard through the grape vine that the program is out of money but is still somehow accepting applications and funding them. Not sure how all this is working so if anyone knows please feel free to explain to the special people like me. I have also heard that there is a proposal to extend the acceptable window for orders to the end of 2012. Obviously, this would require new funding from "Them" but it was heartening to hear because so many of us need to get rid of an underwater house.

Anyone out there know if the program is alive and kicking or are they just collecting applications so they can have an idea on a funding proposal for the next round of legislation?

e6bflyer

Used to Care
pilot
I know of two people who recently sold their homes and collected under the program. It was within the last 3 months. They had their applications in early, though. Good luck.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I have a HAP package in appeals at the moment so I figured I would revive this thread. I have heard through the grape vine that the program is out of money but is still somehow accepting applications and funding them. Not sure how all this is working so if anyone knows please feel free to explain to the special people like me. I have also heard that there is a proposal to extend the acceptable window for orders to the end of 2012. Obviously, this would require new funding from "Them" but it was heartening to hear because so many of us need to get rid of an underwater house.

Anyone out there know if the program is alive and kicking or are they just collecting applications so they can have an idea on a funding proposal for the next round of legislation?

I was cashed out about a month ago and my "handler" told me a few weeks before that that everything was fine but they were waiting for money. They may just go in cycles of funding.