• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

holidays at OCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
The Thanksgiving holidays are almost here, and it got me thinking about next year at OCS. My class date is Oct. 2, 2004. Looking at a calandar, the 13 weeks of OCS will end right around the new year. What is the procedure for holidays at OCS? I'll be there for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's. What should I expect?

robv182

Gotta have the Nutz
None
They shut everything down at christmas. Better to go on leave for two weeks than stick around and do BS jobs. Shouldn't be too bad if you're a candi o and can go on liberty when you want.

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Anyone wanna verify the 2 week break? It should be going on right now I guess, right?

navyswo

Yes. I have a friend who is on thier 2 week break now and he reports back into OCS on the 3rd of Jan. They do require you to use 14 days of your leave time though, so If your BDCP, you should have plenty of leave built up.

ldahla

how do you get leave time when you're in OCS?? sorry i'm not too informed...i just know someone who is interested in applying. please explain!!!

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
You accrue leave time while you're at OCS just like you would if you were on active duty. 2.5 days a month. Yes, there is a two week break, trust me, the staff doesn't want to be there either. The way it works is, you go into a negative leave balance, but since you can't be commissioned on a negative balance, they take it out of your pay. It works out though, because you get paid while you're on leave. I graduated right before the break, so needless to say, everyone on our class didn't want to roll.

Status
Not open for further replies.