• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

He-Man Woman Haters Club

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
For all of you spouses out there...especially those of you with kids: Part of being a productive member of the wardroom involves your significant other going out after work and participating in shenanigans with their esteemed coworkers. While you may feel that this unfairly puts the burden of child-rearing upon you, or you feel unwanted because they want to spend a couple of hours drinking a beer with the same guys/gals they just spent 10 hours at work with...learn to deal with it.

This job requires socialization...we will spend countless hours in some godforsaken shithole of a country with the same 11 peope (or whatever the size is of your crew/det) and we need to get along with these people. That means we need to get to know them. That means we need to see them outside of work. That means when we say we would like to go down to some shitty bar with our cool single pilot friends and have a brew or three...suck it up, watch the fucking kids, or rent a movie and watch it with your friends.

Just because I am married does not mean I am dead...

That is all.

Pickle

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
Just got home 10 minutes ago and got an earfull huh?

Never got out the fucking door...said spouse decided a 4 hour dinner starting at 1900 with her friend was acceptable...with full tactical knowledge of my desire to be 25 minutes south of here at 2200...

MasterBates

Oh you forgot the 1st rule of marriage according to women..

Time with their friends is OK, and they are "your friends" too.

Your friends are cretins, and you should not hang out with them.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
I just read this whole thread to my fiance and said this better not be her. She's pulled extended shennanigans that just "magically" overlap when I was supposed to be out with my friends..and then I look like the a-hole cutting out early to go be with them.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
I really wish someone would distribute that to the wives club in real life...

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
Was it intentional or an honest brain-fart with respect to a scheduled underway?

Ummm...you tell me...said spouse on the way out at 1900...

Pickle says "Hey honey, the guys just called and said they will be at Whitey's Fish Camp at 10...I would like to meet them there for a frosty beverage and some engaging conversation about their Fam 1."

Mrs. Pickle replies "That's fine, ...I am sure you will be able to make it on time...La Nopalera isn't THAT busy on a Friday night."

Pickle sez "Gee honey, maybe you could consider an alternate Hispanic Dining establishment, I haven't been able to get out to the bar with these guys yet this year."

Mrs. Pickle sez "Well, we aren't going to rush our dinner for you" (that is Mrs. Pickle speak for Fuck Off, I'll do what I damn well want)

Mr. Pickle calls at 2000 to inquire upon the location of his beloved spouse...over the din of many loud people actually enjoying their Friday night he hears Mrs. Pickle say "Gee honey, I am sorry, there was a 1 hour wait to get sated."

Fast forward to 2317...The Pickle is typing on Airwarriors on yet another Friday night...

:icon_boxi

Whoever said marriage is 50/50 was on crack. It is 100/100. The question is who's 100 will it be that day?

And marriage is 100/50...as in she has 100% of the vagina and 50% of YOUR money...(sorry ladies, I was trying hard to keep this a gender neutral post)

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
Ouch... Sounds like there are some underlying tensions there, bro.

Another Friday night? Is this a common occurrence?

swerdna

None
Contributor
My wife and I have an understanding...Navy comes first. Plain, simple and true.

MrsPickle

MIT- Manatee In Training
Contributor
I came on to defend myself... First of all, to those of you that say that you are married and you "tell her how it is" are full of it. Either you're a liar or she's brain-dead.

I would also like to mention that the infamous Pickle hasn't had to do any parental duties beyond saying, "Honey, the little Pickles are angry..." in WEEKS! He likes to think that he has it so tough... I applaud all of you who are military (current and past), do not get me wrong.

However, from a wife that thought she was marrying an Equine Vet Student at Iowa State, then was an E3 AW wife (both of us with degrees), not to mention moving 9 times in 5 years, we deserve a night out once in awhile.

I will gladly take your wives out, and y'all can take care of "the Diva" and the "two-year-old-psychopath" any day of the week.

Did I mention I have a mentally retarded Weimaraner? Yeah, her too...

Pickle likes to get his frilly panties in a wad, as most of you know (in real life and here) all too well by now. Personally, they're in a wad so much that I think he likes the feeling...
:)