• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Happy Thanksgiving

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
A young man named John received a parrot as a gift. The parrot had a bad attitude and an even worse vocabulary. Every word out of the bird's mouth was rude, obnoxious and laced with profanity. John tried and tried to change the bird's attitude by consistently saying only polite words, playing soft music and anything else he could think of to "clean up" the bird's vocabulary. Finally, John was fed up and he yelled at the parrot. The parrot yelled back. John shook the parrot and the parrot got angrier and even ruder. John, in desperation, threw up his hand, grabbed the bird and put him in the freezer thinking that would cool him off!

For a few minutes the parrot squawked and kicked and screamed. Then suddenly there was total quiet. Not a peep was heard for over a minute. Fearing that he'd hurt the parrot, John quickly opened the door to the freezer.

The parrot calmly stepped out onto John's outstretched arms and said

"I believe I may have offended you with my rude language and actions. I'm sincerely remorseful for my inappropriate transgressions and I fully intend to do everything I can to correct my rude and unforgivable behavior."

John was stunned at the change in the bird's attitude. As he was about to ask the parrot what had made such a dramatic change in his behavior, the bird continued, "May I ask what the turkey did?"

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
That's a pretty good story, @HAL Pilot. :D

Hope everyone had as good a Thanksgiving as possible...I had to work but that's cool...I'm thankful to have a job...and something to eat. :)

Speaking of something to eat...I had Bumble Bee chicken salad (pictured below) on the DCA layover on Thanksgiving...not too bad...way better than what we had at SERE school...which was NOTHING. :eek:

IMG_8993.JPG IMG_9001.JPG

So during the layover in DCA on Thanksgiving...I guess the Captain saw me loitering around the motel in my Metallica t-shirt...so he sent the pic below to my phone. If you're not a Metallica fan, you won't know who it is...it's James Hetfield who's the co-founder, lead vocalist, rhythm guitarist and primary song writer for Metallica. :D

IMG_9023.JPG

Last edited:

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
@mad dog Is CVG M88 FO so senior you can't hold Thanksgiving off?
Affirm. Right now I'm 19 of 25 on the Mad Dog right seat...soon to be the plug since dudes junior to me are leaving voluntarily to go fly the big iron right seat at other bases...or be narrow body left seaters at other bases.