• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Guide to Etiquette, ca 2001

Dawgfan

Pending
pilot
Came across this gem while opening long forgotten boxes in prep for next move. I think I vaguely remember her giving us this class, some joke about parking in a General Officer spot at the commissary because her husband was an officer? She would probably need to spend some time updating it with all of the changes we've had lately!

224c98a5-dcda-47dc-ae6f-e12d1fadc39b_zps5pkhxp7q.jpg

0404171630_zpsmgamldph.jpg

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
What is the Navy's obsession with switching hands when cutting meat and then eating it. It seems a bit #dependent that this is even a concern.

Last edited:

Dawgfan

Pending
pilot
Can't remember for sure, guess it very well could have been OCS prior to our practice dining in.

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
My mom was born British and became a US citizen when she married my father. So, I was raised with British table manners. I had no idea that using silverware continental-style wasn't "normal" in America until I got to college and was called out by someone. I still do it, since it feels normal to me. I'm just silly and affected that way. ;)

Last edited:

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
My mom was born British and became a US citizen when she married my father. So, I was raised with British table manners. I had no idea that using silverware continental-style wasn't "normal" in America until I got to college and was called out by someone. I still do it, since it feels normal to me. I'm just silly and affected that way. ;)
You probably say "an historic event," too, don't you? :)

Pags

N/A
pilot
What's the proper way to eat a boxed lunch from a Singaporean ship with a spork when in flight? Do you still switch hands?

I'm not from a high faluting family or school like some people so I've never been a hand switcher. Seems like a lot of wasted time when I could be cramming food in my food hole.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Came across this gem while opening long forgotten boxes in prep for next move. I think I vaguely remember her giving us this class, some joke about parking in a General Officer spot at the commissary because her husband was an officer? She would probably need to spend some time updating it with all of the changes we've had lately!

224c98a5-dcda-47dc-ae6f-e12d1fadc39b_zps5pkhxp7q.jpg

0404171630_zpsmgamldph.jpg

I still have the etiquette book they still issued to us when I was there that was circa 1959 or so, lots of archaic gems in there.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
You need enough etiquette to get in the right circle of upper society young women and use your wings of gold to lure as many girls int your bed as possible.