• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Good Realtors in Pensacola/Perdido?

BigContry

I have heard some good stories and bad about realtors in Pensacola/Perdido? Any recommendations or what not?

Ric

I was with both Top Gun and then Mark & Downey. Both were pretty good. Top Gun's leases are a little less detailed so you may be able to get away with more.

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
Don't use Aquatic Realty in Perdido.

I heard that they got flattened during Ike, but in the unlikely event that they are still in business, I wouldn't use them for ANYTHING.

It's been 20 years and I'm STILL pissed at them.

ryan1234

Don't use Pointe South...

Long story short, we were renting and we received a notice of foreclosure.... anyways... it took several months after we found another place and several letters to receive our deposit back from Pointe South (that was supposed to be in escrow). Even with hiring a professional cleaning service prior to leaving, they deducted a third of our deposit for "cleaning" and our deposit was returned about 3 months later (30 days is the legal allowance)... this was all despite the fact the house was in foreclosure.

OscarMyers

None
We are currently renting through Mark Downey and they're pretty rough in the customer service field. They've tried to charge us twice for maintenance on a 20+ years old dishwasher. I second Ric's suggestion about the lease. They definitely lean toward the protect the home owners property than taking care of the tenants. If i was renting out house that I owned they would be GTG, but if I ever come back to Pcola I'll try to avoid them.

jtmedli

pilot
Ted @ Perdido Sands is a good guy. Former Marine Hornet pilot. We rented a 3/3 from him and he knows all about the whole API/Primary thing. No problems to note.

Pistol719

Will Over Skill
pilot
Contributor
Ted @ Perdido Sands is a good guy. Former Marine Hornet pilot. We rented a 3/3 from him and he knows all about the whole API/Primary thing. No problems to note.
I second this.. rented from Ted for API and Primary (liked the house so much I sucked up the drive to milton). The staff is awesome and they are very helpful

shutout39

pilot
Thanks for asking!!! DO NOT USE POINTE SOUTH!

Rant: Military renters provide them with a business in the on and off season and they repay us by screwing us out of our security deposit and unleashing their lawyer on you when you refute the claim. My wife and I, as well as everyone we know who used them are very dissatisfied. The Navy lawyer here in Milton was tired of guys coming to him with complaints and is building a case to present to the CO down at NASP for him to issue an order for all Navy personnel to no longer do business with them. I guess they did it to a car dealership and a hotel previously and both are now out of business.

jtmedli

pilot
Thanks for asking!!! DO NOT USE POINTE SOUTH!

Rant: Military renters provide them with a business in the on and off season and they repay us by screwing us out of our security deposit and unleashing their lawyer on you when you refute the claim. My wife and I, as well as everyone we know who used them are very dissatisfied. The Navy lawyer here in Milton was tired of guys coming to him with complaints and is building a case to present to the CO down at NASP for him to issue an order for all Navy personnel to no longer do business with them. I guess they did it to a car dealership and a hotel previously and both are now out of business.

My buddies contract was 'sold' to POINTE SOUTH and they did the same thing to him. Tried to keep his security deposit and say a bunch of random things were wrong with the house. Pretty crazy stuff.

shutout39

pilot
My buddies contract was 'sold' to POINTE SOUTH and they did the same thing to him. Tried to keep his security deposit and say a bunch of random things were wrong with the house. Pretty crazy stuff.

For us, we moved out to head up to Milton. Turned our keys in a week before our lease was over and, after days of meticulously cleaning, told them to call us if something wasn't good to go (so we could come clean/fix it). 35 days after our move out date, we get a claim notice. Florida law says they only have 30 days so we tried to fight it. Their lawyer doesn't pick up phone calls or respond to emails. Small claims court costs hundreds of dollars and takes months so we ended up eating it. It was a terrible experience and I cannot believe they screw over military like this.

ryan1234

For us, we moved out to head up to Milton. Turned our keys in a week before our lease was over and, after days of meticulously cleaning, told them to call us if something wasn't good to go (so we could come clean/fix it). 35 days after our move out date, we get a claim notice. Florida law says they only have 30 days so we tried to fight it. Their lawyer doesn't pick up phone calls or respond to emails. Small claims court costs hundreds of dollars and takes months so we ended up eating it. It was a terrible experience and I cannot believe they screw over military like this.

I really hope that something is done about it. It's terrible hearing the same thing happening to other people from this POS company.

jtmedli

pilot

That sounds strikingly familiar to what they're trying with my friend.