• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Gloves

MattWSU

pilot
Contributor
What are people rocking for gloves these days? I had a pair of issued Wiley-X but they got torn up. Is there anything comparable that has emerged on the market in the last few years?

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
What are people rocking for gloves these days? I had a pair of issued Wiley-X but they got torn up. Is there anything comparable that has emerged on the market in the last few years?

Outdoor research overlord gloves. They are way tougher than the Wiley x gloves.

Some asshole ganked mine out of my locker at TW-5, and I haven't been willing to shell out 176 bucks To replace them. I seriously doubt our supply guys will order them here, but once they're broke in they are legit.

TexasForever

pilot
I don't think they sell the OR overlord gloves anymore. I have a pair and was thinking about getting another pair to have a backup for down the road(especially when they were half off) and couldn't find them anywhere. The Wiley-X's are okay but I killed a couple pairs just in flight school and I took care of them. In my mind fingerless is the only way to go, the tactile feel you lose when you've got nomex between you and your buttons, dials, transducers, and the dozens of hocas/hotas switches and knobs that are all slightly differently textured is unreal. Whatever you do make sure you don't preflight with your flight gloves, hyd fluid and jet fuel destroys fabric.

Homer J

I'm with NAVAIR. I'm here to help you.
--- In my mind fingerless is the only way to go, the tactile feel you lose when you've got nomex between you and your buttons, dials, transducers, and the dozens of hocas/hotas switches and knobs that are all slightly differently textured is unreal. ---

With the issued GS/FRP-2 flight gloves, you are authorized to cut off the thumb, index, and middle fingers between the first and second knuckle.

Check the NA13-1-6.7-2, Page 3-110, Paragraph 3-598.

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
I have the Wiley-X Aries gloves and love them, especially when they're new. Unfortunately, they only last about a year or so for me but I'm on about two years with my current pair (but they're getting pretty worn).

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Honestly, if I was flying on AD I woudl be rocking the RAF issue flight gloves - good way to stand out, cooler than issue stuff, and feel a lot better.

Screen Shot 2016-12-15 at 9.41.58 AM.png

In the same vane that I wear a Speedy watch - because Clooney and Hanks do:

a84521196c04c16df9d1a7bdbb7da255.jpg

tomhanks.jpg

@mad dog