• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NEWS Fuck You United Airlines

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
Whats funny is the ridiculous carry on baggage only started when airlines began charging for checked baggage (and TSA "what you can pack" rules got totally out of control). It's only a matter of time until US air carriers start charging customers to use the bathrooms on the plane. Or maybe a $0.25 fee to make your window shade work.

Amazing that the most miraculous form of transport in history has to be such a rotten experience. I still remember when air travel used to not suck.

Last edited:

exNavyOffRec

http://gizmodo.com/united-airlines-will-start-charging-for-use-of-overhead-1789781785

And on top of that UAL's female cabin crew are notoriously fat and ugly.

don't forget rude, and I am not kidding.

I was on a United flight in September, one of the aircrew was so big she couldn't walk down the aisle without hitting the seats on both sides, then when she went to hand me a drink which I couldn't reach for because she was next to me and had me pinned, she dropped the glass of ice, then said in a condescending tone "you could have grabbed for it I only have 2 hands", I wanted to make a comment but refrained.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
honestly, maybe this will let the rest of us get off the airplane and make tight connections a little more quickly, when we don't have to wait for the masses to grab their 18 oversize carry-ons evenly distributed across the entire cabin. Sorry, but it has gotten ridiculous. No skin off my back if they do this.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
This is what the flying public who fly Spirit, Frontier etc want. The legacies have lost market share to the U/LCCs and this is how they compete.

Americans want dirt cheap prices with full frill services- unfortunately you can have one or the other. When given the choice, the flying public wants the cheapest ticket first.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Never flown Spirit or Frontier……probably never will. If there is a way to weed out the morons that slow everyone down during boarding/de-planing on mainline carriers, I'm all for it. What they really need to do is just simply reduce the allowable size of carry-on luggage to the point where it can't get some cheapskate through the week in terms of clothes.

RobLyman

- hawk Pilot
pilot
None
honestly, maybe this will let the rest of us get off the airplane and make tight connections a little more quickly, when we don't have to wait for the masses to grab their 18 oversize carry-ons evenly distributed across the entire cabin. Sorry, but it has gotten ridiculous. No skin off my back if they do this.
I totally agree. It's getting so that if you are not in boarding zone 1, you may not have access to YOUR overhead compartment anyway!

And don't even get me started on how rude international travel is. "Dude, my foot room is already cut in half by the distribution box for the seat-back entertainment units, and you want to put you shoeless, sandal-wearing foot in my area during the entire 8 hour flight?" All you get in return is a confused look and something mumbled in a foreign language. Oh, and the cologne! I just threw up a little in my mouth as I typed this.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
...It's only a matter of time until US air carriers start charging customers to use the bathrooms on the plane....

Ryanair tried that back in 2010 but got too much push back and didn't implement it. Being a health issue I doubt it'll ever happen, but everything else that isn't a health or safety issue is fair game though.

Pags

N/A
pilot
If you don't like it you can always vote with your feet and buy first class or greyhound tickets, right?

exNavyOffRec

Never flown Spirit or Frontier……probably never will. If there is a way to weed out the morons that slow everyone down during boarding/de-planing on mainline carriers, I'm all for it. What they really need to do is just simply reduce the allowable size of carry-on luggage to the point where it can't get some cheapskate through the week in terms of clothes.

What they need to do is have the gate employees not let people take over-sized carry on baggage on the plane, it has been years since I have seen them actual have some one check the size of a bag.

They could also stop selling priority boarding for 30 buck that then have people boarding in the middle of the plane when people are trying to get to the back of the plane.

Hopeful Hoya

pilot
Contributor
After several horrible experiences trying to go PIT-SFO on UAL I've stopped flying with them. Sadly it's probably only a matter of time until the other airlines follow suit, although for people on AD this might not be the worst since I know at least AAL and DAL waive checked bag fees for the first 3 bags.

GroundPounder

What they need to do is have the gate employees not let people take over-sized carry on baggage on the plane, it has been years since I have seen them actual have some one check the size of a bag.

They could also stop selling priority boarding for 30 buck that then have people boarding in the middle of the plane when people are trying to get to the back of the plane.

I can not stand being penalized for following the rules, which happens often with the carry on. When I check ( and possibly pay extra for depending on status with that airline ) an over-sized bag only to see someone get their bag checked for free during boarding because it won't fit in an overhead bin I always feel like a sucker. I understand that with schedules being what they are that maybe checking each person's bag prior to boarding is not viable, but if you were to hit them with the normal fee plus 10%, the problem would be solved quickly.

As much as a pain in the ass airline travel is, sometimes we overlook the huge bargain that it is.