• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Eonami

CTI1(IW)
Forgive me if this particular question is answered somewhere; I've searched and haven't found a definite yes/no.

I'm currently a CTI earning FLPB for Korean, which add I understand is now listed as "prevalent in force". This means that if I were not a career linguist (CTI or FAO), I wouldn't get paid for the language. I will be leaving for OCS next month, and if all goes well I'll be commissioning as an 1830.

So, the question is: although I'll no longer be a "career linguist", the 7220 says that Sailors who graduate from DLIFLC will be paid FLPB, regardless of the PIF status of the language, as long as the meet eligibility requirements (i.e. passing scores). Does this mean that I'll be able to keep my pay, since I did graduate DLI after I first enlisted?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Forgive me if this particular question is answered somewhere; I've searched and haven't found a definite yes/no.

I'm currently a CTI earning FLPB for Korean, which add I understand is now listed as "prevalent in force". This means that if I were not a career linguist (CTI or FAO), I wouldn't get paid for the language. I will be leaving for OCS next month, and if all goes well I'll be commissioning as an 1830.

So, the question is: although I'll no longer be a "career linguist", the 7220 says that Sailors who graduate from DLIFLC will be paid FLPB, regardless of the PIF status of the language, as long as the meet eligibility requirements (i.e. passing scores). Does this mean that I'll be able to keep my pay, since I did graduate DLI after I first enlisted?

This is a good question to ask your DIVO/DH who might have dealt with the same or similar issue before.