• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FITREP Code Words

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Word Format FITREP file?

Anybody got a blank FITREP in .doc form I can use in Word? Everything I find via google or yahoo comes up in .pdf, which my pc hates. If you do have it, post it on here as an attachment so future forgetful aviators can be saved as well.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
FITREP Gouge

I was forwarded this and found it quite useful. Although most of the junior users of this forum are NOB on their training command FITREPs, they will need this in the near future. Also could be handy if you are stashed and receive a graded FITREP.

I keep a folder of every FITREP I've received and have them numbered in the upper right corner. I've had to provide one to BUPERS once to prove I had one for gap in my record.

Of course, nothing substitutes for sound writing skills and good substance when creating FITREPS.

http://www.navyfitrep.com/

Cheers,
G

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Day late and a dollar short for us poor LTs.. Where was this back in DEC!!?!?!?

Not like it mattered, what I put together and sent up the chain was filled with lies anyways :D

Thanks for the link.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
- LT XXX is a pretty good officer, considering. His presence in the Wardroom is undeniable. Dynamic, flexible, and enthusiastic are words that are too big for him to use. Specific accomplishments:

- Hasn't crashed any airplanes.
- No DUIs.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
zab1001 said:
- LT XXX is a pretty good officer, considering. His presence in the Wardroom is undeniable. Dynamic, flexible, and enthusiastic are words that are too big for him to use. Specific accomplishments:

- Hasn't crashed any airplanes.
- No DUIs.
Is this a firtrep for someone we know? :)

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Loooong time ago, I was in my cypher-locked (cipher?) office (no windows, but that lock was awesome) with my NFO counterpart and we spent a full day writing the ultimate "FITREP that says it all yet says nothing". Too bad I lost it.

- Generally can be found in squadron spaces at some point before lunch.
- Major supporter of squadron gee-dunk and coffee mess.

sarnav

Check out the British examples-

•This Officer reminds me very much of a gyroscope - always spinning around at a frantic pace, but not really going anywhere.
•This young lady has delusions of adequacy.
This Officer is really not so much of a has-been, but more of a definitely won't-be.

Few examples, but there are some that are classic.

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
sarnav said:
•This young lady has delusions of adequacy.

I actually tried to use something similar on a FITREP... it was all to true, but I was told "Midshipman, you cannot be that blunt on a bleeper-blanking fitrep."

Pags

N/A
pilot
A buddy of mine spent a few years on an LHD and had a fellow JO who, on a dare, put on a fitrep, "recommend for major command," never thinking it would get by his DH, let alone the XO/CO. Well, as luck would have it, it made the cut, and now it's part of his Permanent Record.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
This is what I use for all fitreps I write....mine and my sailors'. Just tell me what your SSN is and I'll make youl walk on water. It's also great when you need to write letters of recommendation and/or endorsements for sailor of the quarter and commissioning programs.

1879123061.01._BO2,204,203,200_PIlitb-dp-500-arrow,TopRight,32,-59_AA240_SH20_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Navy Evaluation and Fitrep Writing Guide

I recommend all E-6 and above to have a copy of this. Makes eval time much, much less painful.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
I once ranked a first class 50 out of 35 with the comment that there were another 15 first classes in our sister squadron doing more for our command than he was. After a long chat with the CO, he kept it in.