• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Feb 11th 2006

Logico

Just found out today that I am in this class.

UGAdawg34-

Great! I'm Joe (although you will probably know me as some derogatory name given by the gunny :D ), 28 yrs old, in BDCP right now, going into Intel. Married with 3 kids.

I've never been in the military but my twin brother just made Chief a few months ago and has been in the navy for 7 years. He has talked my ear off about the navy so I feel fortunate to have his mentoring prior to even going in.

I'm getting a degree in philosophy at the University of Missouri Kansas City (UMKC). I've been PTing a lot lately trying to rev up for OCS.

What about you?

here is my email if you want to correspond that way.

joe.hatfield@gmail.com

Cornellianintel

I just found out that I'll be in this class today. We still have a few months, but it should be cool to keep in contact leading up to OCS.

It looks like this class is shaping up to have its fair share of spooks and cryppies.

Best,
Chris (Intel)

Feel free to e-mail me at cac74@cornell.edu

Logico

Cornellianintel-

I'm T-Sentence on NavyOCS.com but Logico here. Just to let you know since you already know me from over there and have e-mailed.

Can you upload the "Survivors Guide To OCS" onto this site (airwarriors)?

I have tried it several times and it never works. I've tried it in .doc and .pdf format and it just thinks and thinks forever. I thought that maybe it is just something I'm doing wrong.

bennett4362

deployment sucks
if everything goes well at ocs, you intel guys should be getting to va beach in time for the great weather!

Cornellianintel

I'm sure everyone is looking forward to Va. beach in the spring as much as I am. I spent some time near there when I did my semester in Washington in college--great times and beautiful weather.

Hey Logico, I tried uploading the file but got some "503-service not available" line. It may have something to do with the maximum size of an uploadable word file being 363kb (the survivors guide is about 450). If you run across a website with the guide, adding a link should be easy. I haven't been able to find one.

Take care all. I'll try to upload it on the OCS website.

Regards

Logico

I thought I sent you the .pdf version. The .doc is, as you said, too big for this site but the .pdf is well within the limits but still won't upload.

i'll e-mail it too you.

Cornellianintel

You're right, man. No cigar. I got the same message for the pdf that I got for the word file. I guess we'll have to pass it around to new people as they ask for gouge. I think it could really prove to be an invaluable piece of information for all indoctrination/officer candidates--including our classmates. Furthermore, the better and more prepared we are as a class, the happier everyone will be. I guess we should find a way to make it publicly available sometime in the near future. I'll try to think of something.

Regards

Logico

The Airwarriors webmaster sent me an e-mail about this and is going to try to upload it himself (although he said he has been having problems with the site in general). I think I'll just post a message and people can send me their e-mail addresses for it.

Cornellianintel

Bored at the parents home, thought I'd post some info.

I have a tally from the CNRC website of our class thus far (as of 21 November):

We currently have 27 of a target 39 slots filled (can go as high as 60).

Intel: 6 (oh yeah!)
NFO: 2
AMDO: 2
Subs: 2
SEALs: 2 (making us look bad in pt)
SpecOPs: 1 (of target 2)
Cryppies (IW): 2 (of target 3)
Supply:10

12 unfilled slots:

Pilot: 1
SpecOps: 1 more
Crypto: 1 more
CEC: 9

With six intel OCs I guess we'll be bringing a lot of brain power to the table. I'll duplicate this on our thread on AW.

Logico

I have a tally from the CNRC website of our class thus far (as of 21 November):

We currently have 27 of a target 39 slots filled (can go as high as 60).

Intel: 6 (oh yeah!)
NFO: 2
AMDO: 2
Subs: 2
SEALs: 2 (making us look bad in pt)
SpecOPs: 1 (of target 2)
Cryppies (IW): 2 (of target 3)
Supply:10

12 unfilled slots:

Pilot: 1
SpecOps: 1 more
Crypto: 1 more
CEC: 9

With six intel OCs I guess we'll be bringing a lot of brain power to the table. I'll duplicate this on our thread on AW.

Thanks for the info. Where did you get it? Could you post a link?

Also, I hope you were joking about the intel = brain power comment. I just don't want anyone to get their hopes up when I forget all the stuff I memorized and the whole class gets mashed! :)

Also again, I noticed that our class date is Feb 11th but that would put us there on a Saturday. I thought that OCS classes begin only on Sundays? What am I missing?

Cornellianintel

Of course I'm joking. I'd definitely prefer to leave the arrogance to the aviators (nothin but love, brothers):) . As for our class date being a Saturday, there was a post asking the same question about a different class some time ago. If you look at the dates, though, they're all on Saturday. Your orders will tell you to report on Saturday, but if you do "they'll just tell you to come back on Sunday". Most people suggest reporting at about 1000 on Sunday morning.

Here's the link: https://rq.cnrc.navy.mil/N3/N31.htm. If we all had this while were waiting on Pro-recs, I don't know if it would have help us or driven us crazy. But it actually posts those who were selected and rejected for each field.

Best

Tom

pilot
Contributor
This is a little off topic, but I know on that site it can tell you if you were Pro-Rec'ed. Is there somewhere to see if you were final selected? I would love to be able to find out that I got my final select for SNA.

Cornellianintel

Hey Tom,

I was in your frame of mind only a few weeks ago. Unfortunately, though there is a website that lists final selections (and gives you your date), I think you need some sort of recruiter access to use it. I wouldn't swear by it, but that's what I've been told. If you do find out differently, make a lot of noise about it. I'm sure everyone would appreciate it.

We should really start a support group for those awaiting professional recommendation and final selection. I don't know about you, but it was hell for me:icon_tong .