• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

cookie_monster

Okay...I was Pro Rec Y for SNA back in April. I went to MEPS in February and passed the eye exam, but just barely. I had 20/40 uncorrected (Correctable to 20/20), which is the maximum limit.

I am graduating college this December, so my planned ship out date is either January or February. What happens if my uncorrected vision changes by the time I go to OCS, because I know they do another thorough medical examination on you? Any input is appreciated.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Okay...I was Pro Rec Y for SNA back in April. I went to MEPS in February and passed the eye exam, but just barely. I had 20/40 uncorrected (Correctable to 20/20), which is the maximum limit.

I am graduating college this December, so my planned ship out date is either January or February. What happens if my uncorrected vision changes by the time I go to OCS, because I know they do another thorough medical examination on you? Any input is appreciated.

Ask you recruiter. I'm sick and f***ing tired of folks asking this same question over and over again. If your OR doesn't know have him research.

Python

pilot
Contributor
Ask you recruiter. I'm sick and f***ing tired of folks asking this same question over and over again. If your OR doesn't know have him research.

What questions on this website are you willing to accept? Theoretically, everything can be found via the search function or a recruiter. Then why do you come here at all? What questions would you accept? Should nobody ever ask anything on this website?

FormerRecruitingGuru

What questions on this website are you willing to accept? Theoretically, everything can be found via the search function or a recruiter. Then why do you come here at all? What questions would you accept? Should nobody ever ask anything on this website?

He asked a question and I gave him an answer to ask his officer recruiter.

No need for you to try to go off the top rope here.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Why should the OP demonstrate any initiative, professionalism, thoroughness or dedication to his pursuit of a commission when obviously these are not traits sought after for an officer or leader. After all, it's so much easier and quicker to ask some random website member to do the work for you. And we all know the answer has to be right because it was on the internet.

The correct answer is that the flight surgeon doing the physical converts your proctological exam into a Dirty Sanchez and laughs hysterically while telling you to ask for NFO instead of SWO when they redesignate you.

Python

pilot
Contributor
Why should the OP demonstrate any initiative, professionalism, thoroughness or dedication to his pursuit of a commission when obviously these are not traits sought after for an officer or leader. After all, it's so much easier and quicker to ask some random website member to do the work for you. And we all know the answer has to be right because it was on the internet.

The correct answer is that the flight surgeon doing the physical converts your proctological exam into a Dirty Sanchez and laughs hysterically while telling you to ask for NFO instead of SWO when they redesignate you.

Fair enough, it just seems that on a board where one of its purposes is answering questions and getting gouge, there's been more of a "fuck you for asking, figure it out" mentality that's grown lately.

And they give you a Rusty Trombone, not a Dirty Sanchez.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
The is an Amazon Echo urban dictionary skill. It's called Urban Pal. Lots of entertainment value.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Fair enough, it just seems that on a board where one of its purposes is answering questions and getting gouge, there's been more of a "fuck you for asking, figure it out" mentality that's grown lately.

And they give you a Rusty Trombone, not a Dirty Sanchez.

It gets annoying quick when applicants on here ask "what happens if I fail the NAMI" or "what are my chances/stats" when both have been discussed in detail countless times. Whenever someone creates a thread with "Hey guys what are my chances of Pilot?" it clearly shows they haven't taken the 10 seconds to search and find that there's a dedicated thread to that subject. Going back to the NAMI physical when an applicant is selected, part of their "contract" it states a NAMI physical and in the event they don't pass what will happen to them. The answer is right underneath their nose.

I'm happy to field questions that are more specific and either a recruiter can't/won't help with. The Fleet folks, who are more times than not left in the dark I will always go above and beyond to help them out. But going back to the OP, I'm not this kid's recruiter and this is something that should have been explained to him when he passed his MEPS physical.

cookie_monster

It gets annoying quick when applicants on here ask "what happens if I fail the NAMI" or "what are my chances/stats" when both have been discussed in detail countless times. Whenever someone creates a thread with "Hey guys what are my chances of Pilot?" it clearly shows they haven't taken the 10 seconds to search and find that there's a dedicated thread to that subject. Going back to the NAMI physical when an applicant is selected, part of their "contract" it states a NAMI physical and in the event they don't pass what will happen to them. The answer is right underneath their nose.

I'm happy to field questions that are more specific and either a recruiter can't/won't help with. The Fleet folks, who are more times than not left in the dark I will always go above and beyond to help them out. But going back to the OP, I'm not this kid's recruiter and this is something that should have been explained to him when he passed his MEPS physical.
Where can I find a copy of the contract so I can read it

Hammer10k

pilot
The first week of OCS you're going to do a long-form Flight Physical. Maybe 1/5 people got "NAMI-whammied" when I was there and had to re-designate. The reasons ranged from eyesight to anthro-measurements. Most of the the people who had to re-designate decided to DOR and were home within a few weeks.

If your eyesight holds steady until then, you could pass and be fine. If not, chances are you'd either go SWO or NFO. You'll do another NAMI visit when you check into Pensacola. The only guy I knew who passed the OCS physical and failed in Pcola went NFO. They'll just put you to work at Flight Management until the board meets.

I'd go to an eye doctor a couple times between now and winter and get a thorough check. My eyesight has been on a steady trend downwards for a few years, so if that's how its been for you, it might be worth looking at Lasik if you definitely fall out of range. You're only 20 years old (I'm 28 as an SNA), so you've got plenty of time. It's either that or make the gamble at OCS. It depends on how your eyes are holding up until then.