• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Expeditionary Warfare School

Cavrone

J-Hooah
pilot
Any Questions? I got the answer! Just kidding, I'm taking the online mods right now and I'm feeling really motivated! Not really :(

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
How'd you secure the online course, or is that something new now that EWS is mandated for the pool?

jfulginiti

pilot
None
There is no more "box of books" for EWS and CSC anymore. You actually have to go to class if there is one nearby or do it online. No more having your buddy "proctor" your exams. Luckily, I complete AWS/EWS before they changed the rules. CSC isn't to bad...... we meet once a week for about 2-3 hours. It's a lot of reading if you actually do it but the summaries at the beginning of each lesson pretty much tell you everything you need to know. There is also a short (2-3 questions) quiz you have to do before each class. One downside is that it takes two years to complete.

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
By the way, 46% of the folks in zone for LtCol that didn't do C&S got picked up this year. Personally, I wouldn't risk it, but those are the facts.

How many of those were at the resident course-a safe bet they will be complete before pinning on.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
There is no more "box of books" for EWS and CSC anymore. You actually have to go to class if there is one nearby or do it online. No more having your buddy "proctor" your exams.

:confused:
I just got my box of books, complete with tests, about 2 weeks ago for EWS.

Malice 1

pilot
Online EWS gouge?

I'm about to sign up for online EWS on Marinenet. All the guys in my squadron are telling me to just "get the gouge" for the tests. Anyone got said gouge?

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
The mail-in tests are gone now too. It's all been switched over to MarineNet for the DEP students. Even those of us enrolled in the DEP who received all the paper tests are having to switch to doing the online ones.

Seminar, DEP online, or Resident. That's about it.

Yay PME.

Bolter

pilot
The previous two posts sum it up. I was given the heads up and passed the word onto the others in Meridian that 30 June '07 was the last day to order the old format, DEP, mail-in tests. I just finished up using the "study guide" and got signed off on EWS. I have the "study materials," however, you will indeed have to take the courses on base. Depending on where you are stationed, they can be very laid back or a bit more serious. You might even be lucky enough to have a certified instructor give the courses on the ship, so I would start talking to your base education reps. Whatever you do, don't sleep on this. It will creep up on you later on in your career and can bite you where the sun don't shine! Best of luck bro.

Bolter

pilot
And I'm assuming this option is only for those forward deployed, huh?

No, actually its not. I guess at some point they figured out that only having one or two versions of EWS that we could mail in was not really legit. So instead, you can take the tests online without having the test "proctored" by a friend. The only downside is that the questions come from a bank, not from the 50 or so that we are used to. I've heard from some of the others in my squadron that a couple of the online tests are ballbusters.

Mitch

disease free
MARADMIN 437/08 which posted on the 11th states in para 2, "OFFICER PME PREREQUISITES CAN BE MET BY EITHER ATTENDING A RESIDENT PME SCHOOL, PARTICIPATING IN A COLLEGE OF CONTINUING EDUCATION (CCE) SEMINAR, OR COMPLETING NON-RESIDENT CORRESPONDENCE COURSES." so my question is what's up with the line about correspondence? are they still accepting those things? the MARADMIN seems indicate that they are, at least for EWS. maybe someone forgot to delete that sentence from last year's message? i just tried looking up the source docs on the M&RA website and the link didn't work, at least not on this end.