• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ERAU Mishap in Daytona

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
While at ASO, it's been a sobering couple of days with the harrier and 53 mishaps. The latest happened early today in Daytona. Apparently a student and FAA examiner were killed. No speculation yet of course, but it is frightening that apparently the wing came off midair as it was located far from the wreckage. Thoughts and prayers for fellow eagles.
http://www.news-journalonline.com/n...ning-flight-plane-crash-west-of-daytona-beach

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
Let’s wait for the SIR or equivalent for the AF or Army to come out before we jump to conclusions.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
So what is your hypothesis on what is going?

Well it's not my hypothesis, but talking to the staff/instructors at SAS, this could be a delayed effect of sequestration. It makes perfect sense, as you have a generation of aircrew who suffered through reduced hours, reduced training, reduced resources with maintained optempo, and over a long enough period, that is going to have second/third order effects. It won't be immediately apparent when the spigot gets cut off, but it will take a few years for problems to grow.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
I'm having trouble understanding how you can make that kind of assertion before any of the causal factors are known.

That opinion was made to me before the latest mishaps. But if you want to include them, then label it speculation. But that's sort of what "hypothesis" is... without knowing the why, it's an educated guess that requires research, which I'll bet the NSC is tackling.