• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Enlisted FTS to DCO Officer

Goodfou

Before Rufio jumps in and calls "BS," let me explain. I applied for the April 2016 AMDO DCO board while I was SELRES. I found out in July that I was selected as an "alternate." In September, I took advantage of an opportunity to convert to FTS and assumed my shot at DCO was over. A few days ago, my recruiter informed me that I was now a "Select." Knowing the instruction prohibits FTS from applying for this program, I informed her that I was no longer eligible because of my conversion.

Long story shorter, she confirmed with Navy Recruiting Command that they will accept me provided I am granted a conditional release by my current command. Does anyone know how long it should take before I can begin drilling as an Ensign after I commission? My plan is to come off of FTS orders the day before I sign the paperwork. The reason I ask is because it typically takes the Career Transition Office (CTO) roughly six weeks to process an Active/FTS transition to SELRES for enlisted. Will NRC be able to process this any faster? I need to know for financial planning purposes. Thanks in advance for any insight into the typical process.