• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

E, F and G grounded

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
With so little information, I have some serious questions about this one. Hope everyone involved makes a quick and full recovery.

Work on monday should be interesting, to say the least.

707guy

"You can't make this shit up..."
Hope the crew will be ok - sending thoughts and prayers their way. Is posting a "WTF?" speculation?

cfam

None
Super Moderator
Contributor

thebluto

pilot
None
From NASWI FB post:
Naval Air Forces Lifts Operational Pause for Growler and Super Hornet Fleet

SAN DIEGO – Naval Air Forces directed the Growler and Super Hornet squadrons to resume normal operations after an operational pause that was put into effect following a Growler ground mishap in Whidbey Island, Friday Dec. 16.

The Growler accident that resulted in injuries to the Pilot and Electronic Warfare Officer caused safety concerns that necessitated an operational pause for all Super Hornets and Growlers. After Naval Air Systems Command and Boeing engineers investigated and identified several factors that likely contributed to the mishap, Naval Air Forces directed mitigation measures be implemented across the F-18 Fleet, since there are some similarities in the component designs for the affected systems in the recent Growler mishap. Once individual squadrons have briefed and incorporated these mitigation measures, they may resume normal flight operations.

The mitigation measures include changes to aircraft water-wash procedures and updates to the Naval Air Training and Operating Procedures Standardization (NATOPS) ground emergency procedures.

The Growler mishap is under investigation.

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
The last thing I read said they were not going to release any information on them due to privacy concerns.

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
Has a public update been given on the crew?

Suffice it to say, it's not good. Keep them in your thoughts and prayers this Christmas.

For my part, I'm really curious to see the SIR on this one. I won't speculate, but the "explanation" given so far seems suspect, or at best, incomplete. Not surprising though, given privacy concerns and the rigorous detail EIs need to exercise.