• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Downloading NATOPS

ArkhamAsylum

500+ Posts
pilot
I've been trying to get my hands on a pdf of the TH-57 NATOPS manual. Most of the threads regarding this are outdated, and the sites require a SSL certificate that I can't get. Anyone have a bright idea?

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Long on from the base on the eBookbag. Apparently HT studs have access to it, since one of the AW regulars hooked me up. There's a thread about it started by Chunks. It seems you won't be able to get anywhere from home, though, regardless of the website.

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
The Ebookbag is no longer consistantly working...15 attempts in the last month, only got through twice...

I have an e-copy of it, pm me and I will be more than happy to email it out...(this is an open invitation to anyone)

You can also get a copy of the various pubs at this site...

S.O.B.

pilot
What are some opinions on using Adobe word search for open books? Cheating or utilizing available resources?

MasterBates

Utilizing available resources.

Other than chart stuff, I always thought the open books were a LEAPEX since I knew what they were asking, just not the page and paragraph...

hscs

pilot
Be careful about using the word search -- I have known a few enterprising types to write their closed book test questions based on the location of the open book questions. If you bomb the closed book, it is obvious you let word search do the work for you.

ZEM

The harder you try the faster you will die.
If your not cheating your not trying that what I have all ways been told on my open books.

THE BEATING WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORAL IN PROVES!!!

wiseguy04

The Dude abides....
pilot
airworthiness is well worth the few minutes it takes to get an account. having that was a godsend when studying for 2P. you can download anything you might need, from platform natops to lha/lhd natops.

Don't you have to print out a certificate and get your command's signature on it, and then mail it back? I seem to remember encountering some type of hurdle like that, and just decided it wasn't worth the pain and admin. Has the process changed?

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Don't you have to print out a certificate and get your command's signature on it, and then mail it back? I seem to remember encountering some type of hurdle like that, and just decided it wasn't worth the pain and admin. Has the process changed?

There is a wicket requiring written verification...but if you want access it's really not that much (or hard) to do.

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Like Schnugg & MasterBates said, not that big a hurdle to get the command endorsment for airworthyness website and it is VERY handy to have access too. Just wait until you are on deployment and need a random pub that no one thought to bring.

bert

Enjoying the real world
pilot
Contributor
I would caution anybody with a downloaded .pdf of a NATOPS that they need to keep their eye out for changes. And much to my amusement, I was approved for a TS/SCI and rejected for an airworthiness account in the same week (though I did eventually talk them into it).