• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Double Vision

Status
Not open for further replies.

DBLang

PLC Candidate
Today is Sunday and I had PRK surgery on my right eye on Tuesday. My vision has been fluctuating as expected, however I am starting to worry a little. I know starbursts and halos are to be expected, but I'm seeing double too. Its more apparent with lights at night, but it makes everything blurry including text. I've read that it can be caused by the laser not being centered, and by scar tissue. I had a really great surgeon using the LADAR/WAVEFRONT system, so I didnt expect centering to be an issue. Has anyone else had this problem? Is it temporary?

Av8or72Dan

I had PRK done in the summer with the custom view laser. I could see double in one eye and triple in the other eye. Don't worry, it will go away. I can see 20/10 in both eyes now. It just takes time to heal.

hornetframer

Rhino WSO
None
Same thing. if it keeps up, notify the doctor. He/She can prescribe some medicinal eye drops possibly. But after time, it should go away.

Texan

Why enemy pilots dont sleep well
DB. I had it done Just before Thanksgiving and I have the ghosts too. makes it hard to do things at night. Driving sucks. I did notice though that when I sleep a lot (i.e last week when I had the flu) it's not nearly as bad.

When I work 8 - 12 hours a day, however, it's pretty nasty on the way home... if it gets really bad, I stop, take a 15 minute nap, and that tends to clear it up a bit too. (I commute 1 to 1.5 hrs each way, so 15 extra minutes isnt a big deal)

everyone says it goes away... I hope so... cause I couldnt pass a vision test like this.

get well,
Ian

DBLang

PLC Candidate
I've noticed it gets better with sleep and worse with reading. It is getting better slowly though. I hope everything goes well for you Texan.

Bighead

Av8or72Dan said:
I had PRK done in the summer with the custom view laser. I could see double in one eye and triple in the other eye. Don't worry, it will go away. I can see 20/10 in both eyes now. It just takes time to heal.

Av8or72Dan,
How long did you have the double and triple vision after your surgery? I am going on a month now and I still have double vision. Its really starting to suck!

Status
Not open for further replies.