• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Do not use this San Diego real estate company!!!

NastyPrior

pilot
I'm just going to paste the review I wrote for this company. PM me if you want the personal details.

A bit long, but a must read if you are considering using Reef Point:
Reef Point Realty is one of many small real estate companies in San Diego that will become obsolete once the gradual rise in market prices post-recession is over, and the market stabilizes or makes a small correction. The inexperience of the owner, agents, and company as a whole makes it impossible for them to keep the promises they make up front. My wife and I used Reef Point Realty because we are both Naval Officers, and the owner of Reef Point, John Reeves (former Marine), claims that his company specializes in VA loans in Southern CA. We were impressed with our initial office visit as Reef Point presented a lengthy PowerPoint with all their stats including how many VA loans they had dealt with, how the VA approval process worked, and how they were better than everyone else. At the time we were not stationed in San Diego so the goal was to provide our agent, Kristen Rasmussen, with our home buying criteria so when we left she would be able to shop for us. After viewing the first 6-8 homes in person it became that she would be unable to provide accurate feedback when we were not present due to her lack of objectivity. To her, every house was the perfect house for us, even if it needed major repairs. This was the first time we had an instinctual feeling that Reef Point was just trying to make a sale. After two visits to the area, multiple in person and online home viewings, and one house falling through post-offer due to lack of communication, we decided to fire Kristen. At this point John Reeves apologized for the experience, explained that he would personally handle our home buying process, and would never put a client in a situation that made them uncomfortable. I don’t know who likes firing people, but my wife and I don’t, so it was already too late. One month later my wife found a home online and contacted John Reeves, and somehow we got stuck with Kristen again. We decided to use Reef Point’s services as a means to an end, and the rest of the process was a nightmare. Our agent did nothing more than forward our emails to the listing agent rather than negotiating on our behalf. After the inspection we realized that the listing agent had blatantly lied on the MLS about non-visual upgrades that were never done (electrical/plumbing/water heater). We would have never offered what we did if we knew what was on the MLS was untrue. At that point Kristen told us that her and the listing agent were no longer speaking, only exchanging text!!! The seller wrote us an apology letter and gave us a few thousand dollars in closing credits that Reef Point left out of the closing documents due to their lack of attention to detail. Luckily I caught that mistake. The day we moved in we discovered that the electrician we hired through Reef Point, and paid $1200 did more damage than repair to our home resulting in only the kitchen having power to the lights and outlets. We paid a reputable electrical company several thousand dollars to fix everything the inspector did not catch, and several other items that were signed off as repaired or fixed by the listing agents contractor. Not once did John or Kristen initiate contact or drop by to see what had happened, or offer help. After we signed the dotted line, it was over. We called John to try and get our money back for repairs, and once again he swore up and down that he would do everything he could to make it right. To this day we haven’t heard from him, or anyone else from Reef Point. Bottom line: Do yourself a favor and go with a reputable company that has the history, infrastructure, and clientele to back up their grandiose claims: Reef Point is not one of them.