• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Deny NAI

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
If you aren't aware, there is another attempt at a Flag of Convenience scheme by Norwegian Air to get a foreign air carrier permit to fly into the US. Here are some details below, this is NOT a good thing, and has parallels to what happened to the US Maritime industry and it's eventual demise.

The U.S. Department of Transportation recently revealed its intent to approve Norwegian Air International’s ask for a foreign air carrier permit—in effect, endorsing the carrier’s scheme to undercut American jobs. We have until May 6 to win a reversal at DOT. In order to accomplish that, we need every voice together. Please join the nearly 40,000 people who have already signed the petition demanding that our government enforce our trade deals and protect our jobs! #DenyNAI.

Add your name to the petition (via the ALPA website): http://denynai.alpa.org/

Other references:
http://www.alpa.org/advocacy
https://www.alliedpilots.org/News/I...Norwegian-Air-International-This-cannot-stand

azguy

None
This is a free trade/anti-union move... It's pretty surprising that the Obama administration would approve it.

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
If you aren't aware, there is another attempt at a Flag of Convenience scheme by Norwegian Air to get a foreign air carrier permit to fly into the US. Here are some details below, this is NOT a good thing, and has parallels to what happened to the US Maritime industry and it's eventual demise.

Add your name to the petition (via the ALPA website): http://denynai.alpa.org/

Other references:
http://www.alpa.org/advocacy
https://www.alliedpilots.org/News/I...Norwegian-Air-International-This-cannot-stand

This appears to be the airline version of H1B visas putting American tech employees out of work and NAFTA / WTO agreements causing companies to relocate overseas.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

I am a little surprised, and not, that the EU has let this scheme go through as far as it has. Guess they are too worried about making sure sparkling wine from Italy doesn't call itself champagne and other important things like that....

IRfly

None
I am a little surprised, and not, that the EU has let this scheme go through as far as it has. Guess they are too worried about making sure sparkling wine from Italy doesn't call itself champagne and other important things like that....
Chlorine chicken and hormone beef...

azguy

None
Since it sounds like your head has been buried up Roger Ailes' ass for the last 7 years...

TPP? TTIP? Heard of them?

I'm not that conservative - but I am a capitalist ;)

I'm pretty skeptical of pro-Union propaganda and remain surprised that Obama would be in favor of this as I understand ALPA to be a fairly powerful union.

IRfly

None
I'm not that conservative - but I am a capitalist ;)

I'm pretty skeptical of pro-Union propaganda and remain surprised that Obama would be in favor of this as I understand ALPA to be a fairly powerful union.

Again, if this surprises you (and if you believe that the Obama administration is somehow anti-capitalist), then you haven't been paying attention for the last 7 years. It also indicates that the information you have about this administration and its positions on free trade, labor rights, etc. are likely informed by Fox News and talk radio. President Obama has been fighting for the last several years with Congress over Trade Promotion Authority. Guess whose position has been "anti-" free-trade?

Edit: And if there's one thing I love, it's someone who works for the government, who's on a fixed salary not determined by performance, who never pays for any medical treatment, who shops at government stores, either lives in government housing or uses a government subsidy for housing, and who (hopefully) espouses a leadership ethic of something similar to "Mission First, People Always" calling himself a "capitalist." Someone should make a meme out of that.

IRfly

None
5452426.jpg

Not my best effort...I'm going to have to raise my game before I go back to staff work...:)

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
Again, if this surprises you (and if you believe that the Obama administration is somehow anti-capitalist), then you haven't been paying attention for the last 7 years. It also indicates that the information you have about this administration and its positions on free trade, labor rights, etc. are likely informed by Fox News and talk radio. President Obama has been fighting for the last several years with Congress over Trade Promotion Authority. Guess whose position has been "anti-" free-trade?

Edit: And if there's one thing I love, it's someone who works for the government, who's on a fixed salary not determined by performance, who never pays for any medical treatment, who shops at government stores, either lives in government housing or uses a government subsidy for housing, and who (hopefully) espouses a leadership ethic of something similar to "Mission First, People Always" calling himself a "capitalist." Someone should make a meme out of that.
You forgot has a lifetime, guaranteed defined pension, free college for himself, wife or children and, when flying, can always "play the safety card" without fear of retribution.