• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Current pre-PRK requirements

Status
Not open for further replies.

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
I'm looking for the most recent PRK requirements for Navy/Marines. I'm hopefully going to be getting it after Jrs this summer. I want to make sure that things haven't changed since I've checked it last. I'm -2.00 in both eyes with no astigmatism. Do I just take in a copy of this (http://www.nomi.med.navy.mil/Nami/WaiverGuideTopics/ophthalmology.htm#lasik) for the Doc to look over? I just want to make sure I take/get everything that I need to get filled out and get the waiver. Thanks.

Rugger

Super Moderatress
Super Moderator
Contributor
EA-6B1 -

You can take a copy of the NAMI standards just in case - it really depends on who is doing your physical. If it's being done by anything other than a Naval flight surgeon, then I would definitely bring it along. Even if it's an applicant physical being done by a contracted civillian doctor, the more times you have it documented that you meet the standards, the less the chances that someone accidentally writes something in your record which could screw you over. If it's an actual Naval flight surgeon (as the Army and Air Force have different standards, see my warning above...) you're probably good to go as NAMI is pretty darn picky about what those guys/gals do, write down, and/or submit.

Cheers -
Rugger

Status
Not open for further replies.