• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Current Aircraft Personnel Shortages?

KB17

pilot
I'm working through the DCA program and I'm wondering if there is a need for aviators in a particular airframe at this time? Is there a particular community that are more likely to get picked up right now than others (RW or FW)?

Also, Is Cape Cod considered a high demand location? That would be my #1 choice assuming I get selected.

thanks in advance for any input!

-KB

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator
I haven't heard of any rumblings of desperate need for a particular airframe; it looks pretty likely that we might (could? will?) get the C-27J aircraft, so who knows. Look for no short-term C-27J billets, as they would stand up an Asset Project Office of aviators to put together manuals, tech pubs, etc., and I'm guessing most of that will come from multiple tour guys.

Cape Cod is HIGHLY desirable, but it is all about timing. I don't know how many folks they are losing in assignment year 2014, so couldn't speak to how likely it would be that you'd go.

Best of luck to you!

KB17

pilot
Thanks for the info Herc! I did some digging around the forum and got some good info just by searching (imagine that! :rolleyes:) It sounds like each duty station is hit or miss depending on timing just like you said. A buddy of mine up in Traverse City said they are expecting to get some nuggets this FY so maybe that'll be an option.

On another note, I might have 'heard' that I was selected as a primary on this board! Of course nothing is official until I have that letter in the mail but I'll be doing backflips in excitement in the meantime. I can't wait to get started!!!!