• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Currency requirements?

Ringer

pilot
I'm finishing my VFA DH tour and am trying to determine how current one has to be to make the transition to the airlines. As others probably know, getting a flying job as a non-command O-5 to finish out your 20 is almost unheard of. What are the airlines requiring for flight currency?

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
Majors: usually 100-200hrs in an employed flying position in the last 12 months.

Regionals: usually a pulse and flying within the last 5 years or so, otherwise maybe a BFR/IPC in a Cessna. It really just depends on the company and the month (the regional landscape has been making changes approximately every 6 months or so lately).

There are exceptions for every rule of course.

RadicalDude

Social Justice Warlord
I'm finishing my VFA DH tour...

First off... fuck off hinge.

Secondly... I have heard that if you drop your letter, but express a desire to fly, there may be (THERE IS) space for you as non-DH O-4/O-5 at a RAG somewhere on the west coast. Provided you aren't a piece of shit.

Farva01

BKR
pilot
First off... fuck off hinge.

Secondly... I have heard that if you drop your letter, but express a desire to fly, there may be (THERE IS) space for you as non-DH O-4/O-5 at a RAG somewhere on the west coast. Provided you aren't a piece of shit.

That gets you flying post-DH, but then you are going to have to suck up an O-5 sea tour where the only flying option is CAG Ops. Currency is still an issue.

RadicalDude

Social Justice Warlord
That gets you flying post-DH, but then you are going to have to suck up an O-5 sea tour where the only flying option is CAG Ops. Currency is still an issue.

Yeah. I guess I misunderstood when your MSR was. I'm assuming you're obligated two tours past DH? That seems like a lot. Or are you going for 20?

Ringer

pilot
I'm going for 20. I'll be 13.5 years in at my PRD, so I would need 2 more tours. The RAG is a no go - timing. All the O4s there are recent additions so there isn't a spot.

Looking at maybe going FTS so I can stay flying.

RadicalDude

Social Justice Warlord
I'm going for 20. I'll be 13.5 years in at my PRD, so I would need 2 more tours. The RAG is a no go - timing. All the O4s there are recent additions so there isn't a spot.

Looking at maybe going FTS so I can stay flying.

I wasn't referring to the VFA rags, btw.