• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Conditioning for OCS

Cookie123

I've read different things around the site but I wanted to make a thread that was easier to access on what goals you should have conditioning wise for OCS.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Go to the OCS website. Lurk around the AW Forum and you'll find plenty of good gouge to help prepare physically for OCS. No need to create another forum.

jander12

pilot
**Disclaimer: These recommendations are from someone who hasn't been through OCS**

PRT related goals:
106 sit-ups in 2 minutes
101 pushups in 2 minutes
8:30 1.5 mile run...
If you even get close, you're good to go!

Additional goals specific to the rigors at OCS may include (but not be limited to):
-Running 3+ miles on a hard surface multiple times per week without injury
-Holding the front leaning rest (“up” pushup position) for a "few" minutes
- Being able to do 10 full-range pull-ups (20 would be better)
- Not quitting at the first sign of fatigue

Even more goals for general strength may include (but not be limited to):
-Bench 1.25x body weight
-Squat 1.75x body weight
-Deadlift 2x body weight

theghettodefendant

None
Is there pullups at OCS? There was a thread a while back about how OCS had gotten easy physically but if the standards are at what jander just posted OCS is going to be a lot harder than I was lead to believe. :eek:

jander12

pilot
Is there pullups at OCS? There was a thread a while back about how OCS had gotten easy physically but if the standards are at what jander just posted OCS is going to be a lot harder than I was lead to believe. :eek:
These are just goals... not standards for OCS by any means. I don't know if pull-ups will never be done, but I'm pretty sure weighted squats, deadlifts, bench presses will not be. Just general fitness suggestions/goals to strive for in order to develop an all-around "strong" body. Except for the PRT goals... those would be more of a BUD/S candidate level of fitness.

theghettodefendant

None
These are just goals... not standards for OCS by any means. I don't know if pull-ups will never be done, but I'm pretty sure weighted squats, deadlifts, bench presses will not be. Just general fitness suggestions/goals to strive for in order to develop an all-around "strong" body. Except for the PRT goals... those would be more of a BUD/S candidate level of fitness.
Now that I went back and reread your original comment I think I missed what you were trying to say haha but I get what you're saying now. If you were training to meet those goals I bet you'd have a much easier time at OCS.

Dangy

Pew pew pew
pilot
**Disclaimer: These recommendations are from someone who hasn't been through OCS**

PRT related goals:
106 sit-ups in 2 minutes
101 pushups in 2 minutes
8:30 1.5 mile run...
If you even get close, you're good to go!

Additional goals specific to the rigors at OCS may include (but not be limited to):
-Running 3+ miles on a hard surface multiple times per week without injury
-Holding the front leaning rest (“up” pushup position) for a "few" minutes
- Being able to do 10 full-range pull-ups (20 would be better)
- Not quitting at the first sign of fatigue

Even more goals for general strength may include (but not be limited to):
-Bench 1.25x body weight
-Squat 1.75x body weight
-Deadlift 2x body weight

Sounds like youre training to try the seals entrance exam. Lol

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
No pullups at OCS. Unless you want to do them. There's a gym room in New Nimitz, depending on when you get access to that. There's also the new gym across the bridge that you can go to when you become candios.

jander12

pilot
Sounds like youre training to try the seals entrance exam. Lol
Nah, I used to want to do that stuff, but the wife wouldn't approve now. 101, 101, 8:30 I believe were USNA "max" scores while I was there (2008-2009), so that's the standard I typically measure myself against. I used to max the strength, never got below a 9:30 run time though. Can't even hit USNA minimum run right now (10:30). I'm working on it though!

Dangy

Pew pew pew
pilot
Nah, I used to want to do that stuff, but the wife wouldn't approve now. 101, 101, 8:30 I believe were USNA "max" scores while I was there (2008-2009), so that's the standard I typically measure myself against. I used to max the strength, never got below a 9:30 run time though. Can't even hit USNA minimum run right now (10:30). I'm working on it though!

Woah, what happened to the Naval Academy? Wasn't your cup of tea at the time?