• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

competitive scores?

SWOMan

After this last SWO board and its low selection rate, I'm really curious to see what people think is now a competitive score? Is it estimated to have a higher selection going into FEB, or is this going to be the new normal? I'm kinda worried about my GPA cutting me off at the knees.

Current stats:
3.2 GPA at large state school accounting and finance
58 6/6/6 on ASTB
8 letters of rec from previous employers, volunteering groups, and a battalion commander

Hair Warrior

Contributor
Your ASTB is solid.
Why so many rec letters? If you had to pick just four, which four are the strongest?

SWOMan

My recruiter told me he wanted to come in with a stacked deck. He told me he wanted at least 6...8 if i could get it. I tried to get 9..... but my wrestling coach was lazy and never got back to me. Best 4 and most personal would be one from my first LT that was my house leader in college, the letter from my internship, the letter from my first job ( literally includes statements from clients as well as information about how I went above and beyond for 8 weeks by running 5 am training sessions), and the letter from my professor that was an airforce officer.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Your stats are fine if you weren't selected at the December board it was because so many applied and only so many could be selected. I do forsee the selection rate to bump up for this next board whenever it may be.

Also, just stick to just four-five letters at the very most.

exNavyOffRec

Your stats are fine if you weren't selected at the December board it was because so many applied and only so many could be selected. I do forsee the selection rate to bump up for this next board whenever it may be.

+1 the board doesn't have time to read all those sometimes they don't read many at all

SWOMan

I never actually made it to the december board. The week before it was due, N3M rejected my waiver till i could provide more info. As of this week I was fully cleared. Might have actually dodged a bullet this time around!