• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Commission on National Guard and Reserves 31 Jan 08

Frumby

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
For those of you who have been interested in the reserves, regardless of service, I suggest you take the time and read this report. Click on the Executive Summary it is a good synopsis.
This is the first step that DoD is taking by formally moving the reserves from strategic to operational. Look at the recommendations and pay particular attention to anything in reference to "Joint." This commission took two years to develope this report and is by far the most thorough reorganization of the reserves in over 60 years.
For your professional knowledge:

http://www.google.com/search?source...61&q=commission+on+national+guard+and+reserve

Semper Fly!

Frumby

MasterBates

Good find. Their changes to the retirement are what caught my eye. Makes the "20 and out" less of a good deal (I should be grandfathered though) since I would have to wait 15 years to collect anything.

However, pretty much EVERY pilot who serves out his contract would get "something" at 62 under their proposal.

bobbybrock

None
In my guard unit we have guys who have gone past their 20 federal time. If they wanted they could get out and get a retirement right away.
Not sure if it works the same way for the reserve since it is federal and not state run.