• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Colorado PRK

Status
Not open for further replies.

reapergm

I got my surgery at TLC laser eye center. They are located throughout the country. They have one in Denver. Check out their site... They did a good job on me. Im seeing 20/20 or 20/15 depending on the day (still fluctuates a bit, Im in my 3rd month of healing). They also gave me an 1200$ discount for joining the Marines (although Im not one yet) and they have a "lifetime gaurantee", which is cool if you happen to need a touchup. Good luck to ya...

Home - http://www.tlcvision.com/

Denver - http://www.tlcvision.com/centers_tlcvision/denver/

reapergm,
Thanks for the info and links. It's nice to finally find a place that actuall does PRK instead of just LASIK! Hey, what did you have to do to get the discount? Did you have to show proof that you werer going to the Marines or anything like that? $1200 is a lot of money to save!

NeoCortex

Castle Law for all States!!!
pilot
I went to a place called LasikPlus www.lasikplus.com the guy that did mine was an AFA grad so he had no prob doing PRK. He had done it for a number of guys going intot he NAvy and AF to fly. I just told them I was going into the military and they gave me the discount, too. What procedure/laser are you getting?

I'm not sure exactly what laser yet. I just went to my PRK screening yesterday where I found out that I was good to go for PRK (medically). However, I also found out that they are charging $1595 PER EYE! From reading other articles on the forum, I think that this might be just a tad high. I'll check out LasikPlus though. Thanks for the link!

reapergm

I paid 1900$ an eye. Thats not a bad price. Most places here in NY/NJ area are charging 5000$ for the procedure. Alot of time you might need a "touch up". With my place, they dont charge extra for that. In regards to the military discount, they were asking me why I needed PRK and not the ever-so-popular Lasik..., I told them it was for the Marines, and showed them a copy of the NAMI guidlines (from their website). Then they said theyd give me 1200$ off. Awesome I thought. I got a loan right there on the spot, and had the surgery a week later. I thought it was worth everypenny!!!

NeoCortex

pilot
Mine cost $3600 total. I got Custom Cornia, Aslom Laser, with a life time warrenty. When I got it, 5 monthes ago, it was top of the line.

Hey Neo,
First of all, congrats on being pro rec'd. That is straight up awesome. Second, I need some advice on the time frame of turning everything in. I'm scheduled to have my PRK done on Apr. 12th, and I think I'm in the 3-month wait category for a wavier. So, can I submit my app now, or should I wait the three months and submit once I apply for the wavier? Forgive me if this topic has already been discussed. I searched every relevant folder and didn't find an answer to my exact question.

NeoCortex

pilot
you can't apply untill after the 3 monthes, they won't take it before that. Wish me luck on my PRT tomorrow

That's good advice. I think I made a few of them harder than they actually were. But I got (unofficially) AQR:7 PFAR:8 NFAR:7 OAR:55 and didn't have to do the bio part at all. So I guess that's not too bad. I wouldn't mind taking it again, but I don't want to have a bad day and score lower or something. Anyhow, on to the next step....PRK.

Status
Not open for further replies.