• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

CMV-22B Osprey Rollout

Ozarky

pilot
Anybody know anything about the Osprey rollout slated for 2020 to replace the Greyhound? Will this fall under Helo training when the time comes to train pilots? I know I’d be putting it on my dream sheet if it were an option.

Recovering LSO

Suck Less
pilot
Contributor
VRC-30 and 40 will sundown. Carrier Onboard Delivery pilots will no longer be Tailhookers. First CAT I's supposed to start later this year or early next - with Marines on East Coast (New River?).

Hopeful Hoya

pilot
Contributor
Our Skipper sent out an email a few weeks ago saying they still don't know if the FRS will be at Norfolk or NASNI, and I believe the IOC was 2018 or 2019 with a full transition by 2028 or 2029 depending on where they decided to put the FRS.

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Before I ask my COD brethren, I'm actually curious about the pipeline for ascensions. So far, most of the discussion I've heard has been with guys curious about a transition. In my mind, the CMV-22B will have to be a selection out of Primary. When do the Marines pick the Osprey?

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
Cat 1s are supposed to start selected CODspreys out of VTs sometime this calendar year.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
OK, I'll ask it. Can it schlep a GE F414?

Well here’s it hauling an F135
CMV-22B_GoldenMile_web.jpg

Treetop Flyer

pilot
Before I ask my COD brethren, I'm actually curious about the pipeline for ascensions. So far, most of the discussion I've heard has been with guys curious about a transition. In my mind, the CMV-22B will have to be a selection out of Primary. When do the Marines pick the Osprey?
Out of primary

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
We got told in HT-land to expect Primary studs to start selecting it this year and for them to currently follow the same exact path as the Marines do including their FRS for the time being - that is - HT (with a modified syllabus), then VT Multi Engine (also a modified syllabus), then go to the USMC FRS until the USN one is established. HSC/HSM guys are being given the option to put it on their nom sheet coming out of their first tour - a couple have been selected to transition already. Some rumors are spreading that there will be opportunities for HT guys to transition as well, though I have yet to see anything substantiated with that yet.

Pags

N/A
pilot
It couldn't a few years ago. It can now?
The motor in that picture isn't in the can. I'd be willing to bet that the discussion a few years ago was about fitting the motor while in the can. Looks like someone broke out the sharp pencil and maybe even made a special cart to get it on/off.