• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

cloudy vision

Status
Not open for further replies.

sublime259

well i got PRK a week ago and my results have been pretty good so far, with about 20/25 vision in both eyes. Last night though my right eye started bothering me and i woke up with very cloudy vision (just in that eye) I called my doctor, who hasnt gotten back to me yet, but i was wondering if anyone had similer problems. He told me to expect moderate cloudiness and slight vision changes, but this seems really drastic. I was up real late too last night, if that has anything to do with it... thanks

Jetjock863

No go on flight...JAG???
If you've only had it a week, i wouldn't worry. A lot of factors play into how you see post-op, like dryness, staying up late, how much you irritate them, and all kinds of stuff. If it really bothers you, put more tears in and call the doctor. But especially if you're 20/25 already, I wouldn't worry about it. Keep them wet and get some sleep tonight.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I had double vision a week and a half after my first surgery. I know it's worrisome at first; I was freaking out looking out across Battery Park in NYC and seeing TWO Statues of Liberty. Like Jetjock said, give it a little time and don't be afraid to ask the doc questions if you have them; that's why they get paid the big bucks.

zilber

pilot
The reason why you have it is beacause as the eye heals, it heals from the outside to the inside, and at one point there will be scar tissue directly over the pupil. That spot has to heal and the scar tissue buildup will fall off (probally while you are asleep). That is exactly what happened to me. I was freaking out, until one of my friends who had the procedure told me that the same thing happened to him (which was later confirmed by my doctor). By the way, the same day after the procedure my vision was 20/40, and at one point during the healing process one of my eyes was 20/800, and then a couple of days later I was 20/20 and have been that way ever since). In fact, it was so bad, that I had trouble reading airwarriors... :) So since you are posting, you are doing much better than I did. :)

Aviator4000

Yeah don't worry about it this happens to almost everyone. Cloudy vision a week after surgery not a big deal at all. HALO vision (at night) 6 months after surgery=PROBLEM. If you had your surgery done by a new wavefront machine though I highly doubt you will have this problem. Even if you didn't wavefront can fix this problem, but now I am getting off the origional subject.

sublime259

thanks everyone. i figured as much that it wasnt a big deal, it just seemed like such a drastic change in such a short period of time. The fact that it was irritated prior to becoming blurry is what really scared me. I slept a lot last night but its still pretty cloudy. I'm just going to keep my eyes lubricated and give it time. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.