• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Class date

gsd1862

I was selected SNA in the BDCP program during April of 2010
I graduate in May 2011 from college. I was just wondering how long the wait usually is from graduation to OCS?

SC-NY-88

FNG
None
I'm NFO BDCP, grad. in May 2011 and the "tentative" date for me is 17 JULY 2011. From what I'm told, us BDCP guys/gals have been living off the Navy's dime without giving much of anything yet, they'd like to put us to work ASAP. (paraphrased from others in BDCP and recruiters)

You may be in the 17 JULY class as well. Your processor can see if you have a tentative date, but again, for us BDCPers it's not official until graduation.

Moc1Sig

pilot
Contributor
its all subject to change, mine changed 3 times the month before I graduated

NTXRockr

Alive and kicking...sort of.
It's on your orders as stated above, for BDCP they usually try to get us in within a month or two of graduation. I'm graduating in May and going to 17JUL2011 as well, so it just depends. I originally was scheduled to graduate in December and had the class date of 01JAN2011 but changed my DCP.

I agree about the weather, we should be there when it's warm and be candios by the time the nor'easterns start hitting in October...I have NO intentions of being in RI when there's several feet of snow on the ground, as PT would suck outside or in the gym. I'll take summertime anytime.

beaverslayer

pilot
I agree about the weather, we should be there when it's warm and be candios by the time the nor'easterns start hitting in October...I have NO intentions of being in RI when there's several feet of snow on the ground, as PT would suck outside or in the gym. I'll take summertime anytime.

Be careful what you wish for... warm weather sounds nice, until your drill instructor starts beating you in a classroom with no AC and all the windows shut. It's not fun.

To the OP: like some others have said, you may get a tentative date soon, and it will almost definitely change multiple times before you actually go. You just get to hurry up and wait.

NTXRockr

Alive and kicking...sort of.
Be careful what you wish for... warm weather sounds nice, until your drill instructor starts beating you in a classroom with no AC and all the windows shut. It's not fun.

As far as I'm concerned, heat is always better than the frigid cold...it's easier to cool off but near impossible to get warm, not to mention your brain tends to shut off when it's too cold out. As long as you hydrate well enough (I know, a feat in itself at OCS) the heat would be much more manageable, in my experience and honest opinion. But to each his own.

eas7888

Looking forward to some P-8 action
pilot
Contributor
As far as I'm concerned, heat is always better than the frigid cold...it's easier to cool off but near impossible to get warm, not to mention your brain tends to shut off when it's too cold out. As long as you hydrate well enough (I know, a feat in itself at OCS) the heat would be much more manageable, in my experience and honest opinion. But to each his own.

That would make senes, coming from a guy living in Texas. To me, the cold is more manageable. You can always put more layers on, but there's only so much you can take off. . .

Lucy

Side note, and I think I have read this, but in 9 months worth of reading my mind might be playng tricks, but does anyone know if people who are just a ways off from finishing school will get their OCS date on thier FS?

And I will take heat any and everyday over cold. I am from Kansas so I know both, ( I know I know not like SD or TX but still) but cannot stand the cold, but with an Aug grad date I have a feeling I will be lucky if I get there before December...*sigh*

BUDU

Last I talked to my recruiter he had no idea, and I graduate May '11 as well. He told me that optimistically I should expect a date in April.