• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS Changing Recruiters Midstream

colonial-aviation

Intermediate Jet
My recruiter just went on terminal leave and has handed me off to a Chief in a different recruiting office in a different state (my recruiting office is in MD, the Chief is in Ohio based on his area code and answering machine). I knew she was getting out and had assumed that she would pass me on to whoever replaced her at the recruiting office, but now I'm not sure what this chief knows about me or what he has access to. Is what happened typical and nothing to worry about? Or should I be wary and on the lookout for my packet being lost at some point? I've exchanged a few brief emails with this chief, and I'll give him a call tomorrow, but beyond that I don't know what I should do or if there is anything to do.

AULANI

My recruiter just went on terminal leave and has handed me off to a Chief in a different recruiting office in a different state (my recruiting office is in MD, the Chief is in Ohio based on his area code and answering machine). I knew she was getting out and had assumed that she would pass me on to whoever replaced her at the recruiting office, but now I'm not sure what this chief knows about me or what he has access to. Is what happened typical and nothing to worry about? Or should I be wary and on the lookout for my packet being lost at some point? I've exchanged a few brief emails with this chief, and I'll give him a call tomorrow, but beyond that I don't know what I should do or if there is anything to do.

Ohio? Why not just use the officer recruiter in NoVA?

colonial-aviation

Intermediate Jet

Couldn't tell you. Though I probably was mistaken about his location as his email shows the same office as the one I was working out of despite his answering machine and phone number saying Ohio.

EDIT: Checked and I'm a dummy. He's at the same office.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again

Couldn't tell you. Though I probably was mistaken about his location as his email shows the same office as the one I was working out of despite his answering machine and phone number saying Ohio.

EDIT: Checked and I'm a dummy. He's at the same office.

There's a possibility the OR is a career recruiter and came from the Ohio recruiting district - who hasn't updated their voicemail. Career Recruiters get to keep their cell phones when they transfer to another district.

To the OP, no need to be in chicken little mode... yet.

colonial-aviation

Intermediate Jet
There's a possibility the OR is a career recruiter and came from the Ohio recruiting district - who hasn't updated their voicemail. Career Recruiters get to keep their cell phones when they transfer to another district.

To the OP, no need to be in chicken little mode... yet.

Yeah, I should have figured that earlier. I looked up the rank abbreviation in his email and it came up as Navy Counselor Chief, so that answered that.

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
Don't worry too much. I went through 5 different recruiters, and even had one retire and not tell any of her recruits. I had to call NRD Richmond to get a new one. Monitor the situation and if you feel you're being put in mushroom mode (kept in the dark and fed bullshit) then drop them a line or shoot them an e-mail to see what's up with your package. As you will soon find out, the Navy is not always well organized or makes sense.

andrewt

Don't worry too much. I went through 5 different recruiters, and even had one retire and not tell any of her recruits. I had to call NRD Richmond to get a new one. Monitor the situation and if you feel you're being put in mushroom mode (kept in the dark and fed bullshit) then drop them a line or shoot them an e-mail to see what's up with your package. As you will soon find out, the Navy is not always well organized or makes sense.
Ah, the pure disdain that recruiter must’ve had for you all, sublime. Bet they left the office without a word and proceeded to chuck their phone in the nearest body of water.

TheIronMike

This happened to me as well. I just called the civilian processor and she assigned me to a new recruiter in my state.

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
Ah, the pure disdain that recruiter must’ve had for you all, sublime. Bet they left the office without a word and proceeded to chuck their phone in the nearest body of water.

I think it had more to do with her being a burned-out chief on her twilight tour and eventually just fuck it.