1. Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Dismiss Notice

CEC Collegiate Program Help

Discussion in 'Seabees (CEC)' started by JimIII, Jan 8, 2017.

1. JimIII

JimIII New Member

What can I do in college to help my chances of getting admitted into the CEC Collegiate Program. I do know that they say a 3.2 GPA would be competative but what would be the GPA that they are really looking for? Are there any clubs or sports they are really looking for? I haven't entered college yet but when I do I want to hit the ground running and get the necessary grades and extra curricular's in order to be as competitive as possible.

2. RUFiO181

RUFiO181 Making Recruiting Great Again

Ask your OR. If they don't know they can ask the CEC ascensions officer who frequently sits on the boards. They can tell you what to do.

I haven't recruited CEC in a while but from what I remember GPA and how you do during the interview are the two biggest factors. If you can get an EIT you're golden.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
  3. Hair Warrior

Hair Warrior New Member

Engineering degree, probably in civil engineering, and then do really well in those classes (maintain a high overall GPA too).

I know one CE officer with an industrial engineering degree who became a two-star, but's it's rarer. EIT and PE certs are more common.

If you have to prioritize extra-curriculars (e.g. clubs or student govt) or GPA, prioritize GPA and sacrifice extras. Some people can do it all but I tried and couldn't, and now I wish my undergrad GPA were better.

4. NavyOffRec

NavyOffRec Well-Known Member

ME and EE degrees are quite popular as well, depending on the CEC accessions officers not having an EIT after being eligible to sit for the exam can kill an application.

5. RUFiO181

RUFiO181 Making Recruiting Great Again

And architecture. At my last NRD we had a CEC collegiate with that degree.

NavyOffRec likes this.