• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Career Progression for O-3 Lat Transfer to Intel

kayesjay

Out of curiosity, what does the career progression look like for an O-3 who lat transfers to Intel after, say, 6-7 years of commissioned service in another community? After initial training, do you start from the beginning with first sea duty, or is your time in another community considered and do you start with second sea tour?

LET73

It depends. I've seen lat transfers go to sea duty and shore duty (targeteer, squadron AI, COCOM/JIOC). Generally they try to get you a sea duty billet to help you get caught up on the milestones required for intel career progression, but to make O-4 you pretty much need sea duty and a competitive tour, and with 6-7 years in you won't get to complete both of them. The detailer will most likely take your time in your previous community into account, meaning you're less likely to get an ENS billet, but I have seen lat transfer LTs get squadron intel jobs, which do typically go to first tour ensigns. In other words, there's not necessarily a set career path, but the detailer will try to balance your previous experience with the need to get you intel experience ahead of the O-4 board.

Tomcat_al200

pilot
I talked to the Intel OCM yesterday, they have about 20 lateral x-fer/POCR slots per year and get around 260 applications, so it helps to have a wicked package to submit.