• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Can you start a NROTC program?

Gliderpilot321

Hello,

Quick background, my question is in the second paragraph......I am a high school senior already committed to my number one college. This school has everything I was looking for in a college, except NROTC. Though this was not a necessity when I was picking my schools. I now know I want to serve in the Navy after college, hopefully getting a pilot slot or trying out for special warfare, my mind is not made up yet.

The current plan of mine is to achieve a high GPA and be very involved in extracurriculars. The school offers AFROTC and AROTC and I am thinking of joining for the first two years, without any scholarship money given and without any requirements to serve. I think this would be a good oppurtunity to gain knowledge of the US military. But I was wondering is there any way to start a NROTC program at my school? The school is just 40 minutes from a naval air station, wouldn't that help some? I've searched the internet with this question but have not found any answers, which makes me think it's impossible to start one. I do realize it's not like starting your regular college club, but is there any way to ask the college to start this program? Thank you for your time.