• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Big shout-out

MemphisBell

pilot
Just wanted to give a quick shout out to all the members of Airwarriors. I found this website 3 years ago after reading a comment on the Air Force OTS forum about how the navy needed pilots and to check out this website. I soon google it and was surprised by all the information and resources that were available. At first, I thought that applying and getting a pilot slot was going to be a very intimidating process but after hours and hours of searching the forum, i decided i would regret it if i didn't try. So the first step for me was to take the ASTB. I got all the gouge i could from airwarriors and spent the next few months studying 2-3 hours a night. May have been a bit over kill but i am not good at standardize test and i knew the scores i needed from reading air warriors. I took the test and will never forget receiving my scores knowing i actually may have a shot at this. I then finished my packet and waited what seemed like an eternity for the results to come out. I was then accepted into OCS with a pilot slot and used air warriors to prepare for the 3 months of fun that awaited me. I then reported to Pensacola and started my 4 month vacation in A-pool before classing up for IFS, API, and eventually primary. Throughout this whole journey, i have used air warriors as a source of information to see what lies ahead. Did i spend to much time on airwairrors???? Absolutely! I know way to much about the process of becoming a Naval Aviator. However, I was always a step ahead of he game and now I'm on my way to Meridian to fly jets. Again, i want to thank the members of this site because I'm pretty sure if i had never found air warriors, i would still be working my 8-5 cubical job dreaming of flying and watching youtube videos of airplanes all day lol. Also, if any newbies to the site are reading this, I have outlined my stats and timeline in my signature so you can get a good idea about what it took and how long it took for me to get to where I'm at. You can also send me a message if you have any questions. All i can say is to stop thinking about it and just do it.

AllYourBass

I'm okay with the events unfolding currently
pilot
Again, i want to thank the members of this site because I'm pretty sure if i had never found air warriors, i would still be working my 8-5 cubical job dreaming of flying and watching youtube videos of airplanes all day lol.

Word, brother. Have fun in Meridian :)

Rockriver

pilot
Have fun in Mizzippi! Say hello to...oh, wait...she would be in her mid 60's by now. I wonder if Smokey and the Bandit is still playing everyday at some theater in town? I remember the "fish camps" where my buds and I would consume massive amounts of shrimp and hushpuppies on Friday nights. Life does not get much better than where you are right now. Study hard and watch out for the kudzu!

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
Have fun in Mizzippi! Say hello to...oh, wait...she would be in her mid 60's by now. I wonder if Smokey and the Bandit is still playing everyday at some theater in town? I remember the "fish camps" where my buds and I would consume massive amounts of shrimp and hushpuppies on Friday nights. Life does not get much better than where you are right now. Study hard and watch out for the kudzu!

Smokey and the Bandit is not german(e) to this discussion.... And as said above, enjoy every minute - it goes by fast.