• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

BDCP Pay

SupplyBDCP

I was accepted into the Supply BDCP in late August and sworn in around early October. Do you get paid once every month, around the time of swearing in, or paid on the 1st and 15th of every month like other military personnel? Thank you for your responses.

blarged

ready
I was just searching the forums for information on this topic earlier this morning. We swore in right around the same time, and it sounds like you have to wait for a full pay period before you start getting paychecks.

So since you and I both swore in early October, I would imagine that we will start getting paid either beginning or mid November, depending on how quick our papers get through.

Congrats!

SupplyBDCP

Hey thanks for the information. I swore in on October 2nd so hopefully it is the 1st and not the 15th. Blagred what were you pro rec for?

Afterburner209

Good muster guys.
Yeah when I swore in (mid-APRIL) I didn't get paid until mid-MAY but the pay is retro'd back. So you basically get almost three paychecks in one. After that it levels out and you get your steady 1st and 15th.

acwildcat

pilot
I swore in on the 6th of July and I got my first paycheck around the first of August. For some reason it was on like a random tuesday as I recall. Nice little surprise because I wasnt expecting it until the 15th. It took 3 checks for them to even out to where you are getting the same amounts every time

SupplyBDCP

That's sick and I am not sure yet on my OCS date. I graduate in the middle of May so my guess would be June 6th or so but like I said just a guess at this point.

Boomhower

Shoot, man, it's that dang ol' internet
None
I'm teaching a group of high school kids here in Texas about "success skills" with a local volunteer organization and I'm sure that military stuff will come up at some point. I was going to tell them about the BDCP program because it seems like a good deal. My question is: What is the pay that you are making? Is it like and Officer Candidate (E-5 pay)? Or something else? If it is E-5 pay, that is a hell of a lot of money to a college kid.

Picaroon

Helos
pilot
I'm teaching a group of high school kids here in Texas about "success skills" with a local volunteer organization and I'm sure that military stuff will come up at some point. I was going to tell them about the BDCP program because it seems like a good deal. My question is: What is the pay that you are making? Is it like and Officer Candidate (E-5 pay)? Or something else? If it is E-5 pay, that is a hell of a lot of money to a college kid.
It's E-3 pay for most jobs. That includes BAS and BAH. Basically every month I get 2 deposits of about $1250. It's a little less than that after TSP, but about that much.

NUPOC guys get E-5 pay and a signing bonus. We BDCP dudes can increase our pay rate to E-4 with two semesters of Dean's List or by bringing in a guy to the BDCP program. If you do both, you're making E-5. I don't know whether NUPOC guys are eligible for that upgrade.

After graduation pay increases to E-5 until commissioning.

Yes, it is a lot of money for a college student.
EDIT: But if like me you don't really take any money from the parents anymore, it goes fast. Rent, car payments, insurance, school, etc use up the money. In NROTC you can get school paid for completely plus stipend, which may or may not be a better deal depending on the school.

Boomhower

Shoot, man, it's that dang ol' internet
None
EDIT: But if like me you don't really take any money from the parents anymore, it goes fast. Rent, car payments, insurance, school, etc use up the money. In NROTC you can get school paid for completely plus stipend, which may or may not be a better deal depending on the school.

Yeah, forgot about that part. I was one of the lucky ones that mooched off the folks all through college. I suppose college kids are going to be broke one way or the other. At least you are broke on the government's dime.

Thanks for the summary.

coredukes

None
I'm in for IW. You have a date for OCS yet, Supply?

Just curious when you found out your class date? I've been in BDCP for a year now and should be graduating in April and I still dont have a class date. I'm wondering if I need to start pressing the issue. Congrats by the way.

Moc1Sig

pilot
Contributor
you wont get a pay check till you get your orders and sign them sent in. but like they said you get back paid to sware in date.

And your OR should be able to hunt down your ocs date, I graduate in May and still do not know mine. but my OR the week before he left said he knew where to find it... Ask the CO for the NORD and he said he'd get it for me, but hasn't I figure i'll start pestoring more soon.

Picaroon

Helos
pilot
you wont get a pay check till you get your orders and sign them sent in. but like they said you get back paid to sware in date.

And your OR should be able to hunt down your ocs date, I graduate in May and still do not know mine. but my OR the week before he left said he knew where to find it... Ask the CO for the NORD and he said he'd get it for me, but hasn't I figure i'll start pestoring more soon.

Well bro I'll be seeing you at OCS then most likely. I graduate in May too. Last time I checked at the NRD, there was no date in the system for me.

SupplyBDCP

I am not positive on the June 6th date it is more of a guess than anything. I know some guys going in then, but either way it will be right around then. I was watching some videos on youtube about OCS seems really intense but that is a good thing. :icon_smil