• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Aviation slots allotted to Recruiting Offices

Status
Not open for further replies.

budaploud

I'm just full of questions....maybe someone out there can answer this one for me. Just this morning, I spoke with the GySgt who is handling my application. He told me that he had just been informed that there is only one slot open for my recruiting office for an aviation contract...meaning (I think) that only one of the applicants would be selected to fill that particular slot. Here is my question: If the board looks through all of the applications and chooses, say, the best 50 applications (we are assuming that they only need 50 new pilots for the June 183 class...totally hypothetical), does that mean that my recruiting office is guaranteed one pilot contract? I would think that the board would look through all of the applications and simply select the best 50 and that would be the end of the story. I am hoping that someone out there can enlighten me on this matter.

JayManC

you my friend have come across one of the many questions that constantly plague applicants all over. The truth is that no really has the gouge on how many applicants for various slots theyre gonna need and when. Im sure youll hear this many of times if you choose to pursue this venture but it's the "navy maybe". basically its matter of luck/timing as to when you can/will get selected. as for how many slots are devoted across the board we havent figured that out yet,theres been rumors of NRDs having a hard time filling aviation slots, and there was even a joke about applying there to get a better chance. truthfully though no one knows, and as for the recruiter, or OAO depending on if your a leatherneck wannabe, then you need to build a rapport with them but from my experience i learned two things, never take a no from someone who was never in power to say yes in the first place and never believe a recruiter unless he puts it in writing and you get it in triplicate.

<insert something witty here:>

budaploud

JayManC,
yeah...it's pretty confusing. everytime i go into the recruiting office, i see the that there were three slots filled for the 182 OCS class. and just today, he informed me that they were only given one slot for the 183 class...which is going to be my class if all goes well. being that no one seems to know exactly how or why the board does what they do, i'm going to just submit all the info, do well on the pft, and pray (a lot of praying). another thing...the gysgt told me that there are only two other applicants for the NC office that i am competing with...which sounds funny. it sounds almost like the aviation board gets application divided up into recruiting offices...and then takes the best apps from each office. this obviously cannot be the case. i think i'll just stick with the praying and hope that my high ASTB scores pull me through when it really counts. thanks for the reply JMC.

Status
Not open for further replies.