• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

August 13' OCS

apilot87

Id like to get a thread started for all attending OCS in August of 2013. I finished all my paperwork yesterday. I have a report date of 25 Aug. 2013. Anyone else on here in that boat?

apilot87

Thanks guys! I guess we will have to start another post for the earlier class date if it becomes an issue.

Surf

pilot
Id like to get a thread started for all attending OCS in August of 2013. I finished all my paperwork yesterday. I have a report date of 25 Aug. 2013. Anyone else on here in that boat?
Hey, how did you get a report date so quickly? I'm under the impression you have to get a FS before you get an OCS date? The only reason I ask is because I finished my paper work last Friday and only know that I might find out sometime in June..

Thanks, Alex

apilot87

I am not sure I can answer your question. The best advice I can give you is to just be patient and plan on going sooner rather than later. If my prior service has taught me anything its that you need to enjoy your time with your loved ones. As long as you got in and have 1390 on your packet, your FS and training will be here faster than you know. Just sit back relax :)

GISpirate12

FS SNFO OCS
hey apilot! I was told I might either be in the last FY-13 class on June 23, or leaving in July or August. Right now I'm waiting on my background stuff to come back. Either way, I'm ready to rock n' roll in Newport with you man!

GISpirate12

FS SNFO OCS
hey apilot! I was told I might either be in the last FY-13 class on June 23, or leaving in July or August. Right now I'm waiting on my background stuff to come back. Either way, I'm ready to rock n' roll in Newport with you man!

apilot87

heck yeah! I look forward to seeing you there. If not them maybe we will catch up in Pensacola.

apilot87

Mine took about a month I think. Hopefully yours takes that long two so you can leave out at the end of Aug. w/ me. It would be cool to know a few guys before arriving.

GISpirate12

FS SNFO OCS
Oh okay thats not too bad then. And yeah thats true. I am hoping for the August window myself as well... more time to get physically and mentally prepared!

Surf

pilot
Oh okay thats not too bad then. And yeah thats true. I am hoping for the August window myself as well... more time to get physically and mentally prepared!
I'm on the same page as you GIS, everything is done with the exception of the security clearance. My OR said sometime in early June I'd know, but he made it clear I needed to get my a** in shape well before:D

GISpirate12

FS SNFO OCS
I'm on the same page as you GIS, everything is done with the exception of the security clearance. My OR said sometime in early June I'd know, but he made it clear I needed to get my a** in shape well before:D

Have you been Pro-Rec'd? I was Pro-Rec SNA/NFO, and they are just waiting to have the investigation opened. I imagine my ship leaves either July or August. And yeah man I'm doing that and also studying that gouge pack start-finish every night for 2 hours a night.... along with reading a few chapters out of my new "Airwarriors: The Inside Story of The Making of a Navy Pilot" book. Well worth the 12 bucks on Amazon, as its a VERY good read... :D

And if you have any questions at all with getting in shape, let me know Alex. My second job is crossfit, six days a week and I have a Crossfit Level 1 Trainer Cert. I have lost close to about 30 lbs getting ready for OCS. Any advice I can give to you to help you out in any way is no problem at all!

Surf

pilot
Have you been Pro-Rec'd? I was Pro-Rec SNA/NFO, and they are just waiting to have the investigation opened. I imagine my ship leaves either July or August. And yeah man I'm doing that and also studying that gouge pack start-finish every night for 2 hours a night.... along with reading a few chapters out of my new "Airwarriors: The Inside Story of The Making of a Navy Pilot" book. Well worth the 12 bucks on Amazon, as its a VERY good read... :D

And if you have any questions at all with getting in shape, let me know Alex. My second job is crossfit, six days a week and I have a Crossfit Level 1 Trainer Cert. I have lost close to about 30 lbs getting ready for OCS. Any advice I can give to you to help you out in any way is no problem at all!

Hey Brandon, do you have any advice on running? As in a schedule or millage program? I have around 2-3 months before OCS, and I'm trying to figure out what might be the best regimen for me to start. I've already started to run, I just want to maximize the workouts.

-Alex