• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ASTB

Status
Not open for further replies.

skydreama

I have seen where this has been on the post many times but could someone give me the link or a contact number to find out how to get the Marine study guide for the ASTB I asked the local OSO for the Marine Corps and he didnt have any idea............anyones help is greatly appreciated.

woodcliff77

There are a few different books out there, I know that are available at bookstores such as Barnes and Nobles, and there are a few websites available as well distributed through NROTC units. Don't get to wrapped up in studying for the test, the test is designed to be taken at any time, not after hours of studying. For the demograph section, which is a series of questions about you yourself, answer them in the manner that you have just watched Indiana Jones, and you are on your way out the door to go bungee jumping. I know someone that used to work for the agency that would administer, write, and grade the test, and you actually get more "points" for liking to drive fast, and live a little more "wild". That's what Naval Aviation is all about...

grouch

Also, pecil in a section telling them that you like to kill people and break things. That always helps.

ghost_ttu

I got word from my recruiter today that they are lowering the amount of pilot slots for 04. They are increasing the requirements on the ASTB to 7's and up.

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
Thats how I got in, GROUCH!

"You forgot your furtune cookie"

Dirty Harry

kent1644

I talked to my recruiter today and he told me that you can still submit your package if your scores are lower than 7's, but that is what they like to see.

ghost_ttu

That is probably correct. I'm going on what my recruiter is telling me and he is pretty good at this. I feel pretty confident that I can nail this damn test and I'm tired of messing around.

kent1644

I have an OAR of 53 and an instrument rating, I will probably submit with what I got, and if I don't get accepted I guess I will go take the damn test again for the third time. Knowing my luck I won't do as well this time, and they will lower the requirements again. I did't have the aviation portion of the marine study guide the last time I took it, if I would have I think I would have aced it because a lot of the questions are the same, but I'm not sure I can do much better on the math and mechanical, and thats what sucks about a retest. The thing is my CFII is retired Naval Aviator with 15 type ratings and 20,000 hours of flight time, and he told me he thinks I would do outstanding in flight school, but I guess everything boils down to numbers on that damn test.

ghost_ttu

I agree a letter of rec would be a good thing. I'm probably taking my checkride next week for my instrument rating also. I will say if you have taken it twice, then on the 3rd time you get the first test again. There are only 2 versions so you know what you are getting the 3rd time!

kent1644

Its been so long since I took the first version I don't really remember. It seems like it was harder than the second one.

spidrwmn

Ghost - Are you taking the word problem form or the other one? I took the one with all the geometery the first time (damn math!), and am studying to retake the exam in the coming months.

Anyone remember anything from the form with all the word problems? What kinds of questions were there besides the word problems (going to get the arco word problem book to help with those). Thanks!

- spider

ghost_ttu

I took the word problems one. I haven't taken the 2nd one. If you can give me a head's up as to what to expect is all the info on the marine study enough or is there something more? I will say on the word problem test that if you study the marine handout you will have enough to ace the test. (I didn't find out about that thing till after I had taken the test) The word problems are the only thing that might not be represented well on the marine study but if I remember correctly there are only like 6 word problems that were of any difficulty. And I'm pretty sure if you study the marine study guide that it will give you enough recap to get your through it.

Status
Not open for further replies.