• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ASTB test requirements for Navy

Status
Not open for further replies.

E6286

OCC 191 Select
What are the navy's current requirements? Some people on this board say they were raised to 6's across the board. I didn't know this. My packet is supposed to go out on wed. with 5, 5, 4 and a 50 OAR.

ghost_ttu

I saw the sheet that came from Millington and said that you needed to be in the med prt level, AQR 6, PFAR 7, 3.2 gpa (but I am told they will consider you if you have flight time) and they are looking at flight time favorable. That is all I can think of off the top of my head. I should have got a copy of that sheet.

"praying to the SNA board gods couldn't hurt...."

bart27

I was told that you have to have at least a 6 on both the AQR and PFAR with hopefully an OAR of 50+. The higher the scores the better, but these are the new mins. I was also told that the application process has been stream lined for what its worth.

ghost_ttu

stream lined meaning they are doing pre requ checks prior to letting people go to the board?

bart27

Yes, pre checks prior to board. My understanding was that these pre checks would include transcripts, test scores, app, letters and maybe something else, but i can't remember.

E6286

OCC 191 Select
Is there anywhere to see the official documents on this? I was told that 6's were competitive but that the minimums are still the same. I am confused.

JTP

If you started the application process before Oct. 1st, you do not have to abide by these new procedures.

J. Tyler Pate

GO DAWGS!

ghost_ttu

*tossing hands in air* guys I love how we get a melting pot of recruiter info. E6 they have not officially changed the minimums they have published "what they are looking for" so I guess that can be taken with a grain of salt. I'm below the "looking for" gpa, so I'm hoping that my flight hours will pull me through that, if not I guess I'll take my ball and go try to play somewhere else

bart27

JTP, do you have your date in print or did your recruit tell you this? And what do they see as starting the application process? I took my test in the middle of sept and already had letters...does this constitute starting?

JTP

I'm in the app. process. I started mine about 4 months ago. I'm not sure sure what constitutes it, but if you've got your letters and the test out of the way, you might be clear. I'll call the Chief up tomorrow, and clarify for you.

J. Tyler Pate

GO DAWGS!

ghost_ttu

I'm looking at the marines, but I'm in the middle of the AF process. and if nothing has happened by next fall I'm going back to school for my masters and going to do 2 years of AFROTC and commission that way and hope for a pilot slot in the AF.

JTP

I heard from a source today that the AF is in need of pilots.

DRAMA IN ATL....GO BRAVES!!!

J. Tyler Pate

GO DAWGS!

bart27

JTP, that would be great if you would check with your chief b/c that way i have a leg to stand on when i approach mine.

ghost_ttu

well I've heard that, but they aren't taking them from OTS very much. They take about 20 pilots on every board and they have a board every 6 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.