• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

astb score for seabees

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
First of all, you don't apply for Seabees as an officer. You apply to the Civil Engineer Corps which is the officer community that has Seabee billets. Roughly 15-20% of the billets are seabees, so you probably won't get one until your 2nd, maybe even 3rd tour.

Finally, to answer your question, I don't think the ASTB is required for CEC (correct me if I'm wrong, somebody).

If you want more info, check here: http://www.cec.navy.mil

*UPDATE*

Starting in 2007, the CEC is now detailing officers to the Seabees within their first two tours, so if you don't get one right out the gate, rest assured, that's where you'll go next. In other words, ALL new CEC Officers will do a Seabee tour before their 4-year commitment is up.

E

ebolamonkey

ASTB IS required for the CEC Scholarship for Masters degree applicants. It might be the same for CEC Scholarship applicants for Bachelor's degree as well (which makes sense because the scholarship is the BDCP for CEC only and BDCP requires ASTB). I am in the process of filling out my application and I've talked to my recruiter about this. I double checked with him and he says that the ASTB is required for the CEC Scholarship.