• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

April Supply & SWO Board

Cougars15

Hi everyone. I'm submitting my package and I was wondering if I could get your opinions on it for both the Supply and SWO Board. Which do I stand a better chance at getting?

OAR:50
College GPA: 3.35
Degrees: BA English BS Secondary Education
Grad School GPA: 3.30
Degree: MS Leadership
Prior Service: USNA Midshipman

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
There aren't any Supply/SWO boards taking place in April. Also, there's threads already dedicated to see how folks stack up.

Good job.

Cougars15

There aren't any Supply/SWO boards taking place in April. Also, there's threads already dedicated to see how folks stack up.

Good job.
Thanks. When is the next board? My Recruiter said the paperwork was due April 21 for both and the board met May 29.

Cougars15

So my chances for SWO look good, ok I can live with that. I did something stupid at USNA and am trying to redeem myself.

Deanl92

Cougars15, I think your recruiter is right. I am in the exact same boat as you (trying for Supply and SWO). When I asked my recruiter when the next board met, he said he didn't know. Although when I went online to search the FY17, this is what I came across (see link below), and I think the dates your recruiter gave for when the next board meets is correct. Although let me know what your thoughts are. Thanks.

http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-n...Y17 Board Schedule as of 02 November 2016.pdf

exNavyOffRec

Cougars15, I think your recruiter is right. I am in the exact same boat as you (trying for Supply and SWO). When I asked my recruiter when the next board met, he said he didn't know. Although when I went online to search the FY17, this is what I came across (see link below), and I think the dates your recruiter gave for when the next board meets is correct. Although let me know what your thoughts are. Thanks.

http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-npc/career/careercounseling/Documents/FY17 Board Schedule as of 02 November 2016.pdf
RUFIO has posted updated board schedules I believe twice since December, that is out of date.

exNavyOffRec

So my chances for SWO look good, ok I can live with that. I did something stupid at USNA and am trying to redeem myself.

Not necessarily, in general once you are dropped or quit a commissioning path you are done, it really depends how bad the issue was and how good the other candidates are at this board.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again

http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-npc/career/careercounseling/Documents/FY17 Board Schedule as of 02 November 2016.pdf

Delete that link, it's an old board schedule. I've created a separate thread with the most up to date results. SEARCH!!!

Cougars15

Thanks. I'll go with what my recruiter said and wait. The stupid USNA thing I did was lie about my height to meet USNA weight standards. At the time, the Commandant lowered them by 4% from Fleet standards and I could pass my PRT with a B (Excellent-High Sit Ups, Excellent-Medium Push Ups, Outstanding-Low Run) but I couldn't meet weight or body fat standards. So I lied, got kicked out, and got disowned and beaten up by parents, but somehow managed to graduate college, become a teacher, loose 20 pounds, and complete graduate school (May). It's not pretty but I know I could make a good Officer. I figure I should at least try.

Evelyn

Cougars15, good job at weight management and the graduate school. I like the way you explain what you have done, I think it could be a good part of personal statement.