• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

April 6th 2014 OCS Class date

OCShopefulET

PRO-R 1820(IP): 30AUG; FS : 08OCT; OCS: 06APR14
Hello to all!!
Just figured i would start a thread so we can all get to know each other. Congrats to everyone else that was selected!! I was selected IP. Ive been enlisted for over 14 years, and i also have a close friend that graduated OCS on Dec 6th. If anyone has any questions i will do my best to answer them or find out for you. Looking forward to meeting everyone.
Dave

Hello to all!!
Just figured i would start a thread so we can all get to know each other. Congrats to everyone else that was selected!! I was selected IP. Ive been enlisted for over 14 years, and i also have a close friend that graduated OCS on Dec 6th. If anyone has any questions i will do my best to answer them or find out for you. Looking forward to meeting everyone.
Dave

You were selected from the AUG IDC board correct?

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hello to all!!
Dave
First of all, congrats OCShopefulET on your selection! A bit of advice for you, and your OCS classmates here. In addition to posting your package stats etc, as DETERMINED15 has done below, and put some personal info (not private/sensitive), into your AW profile Information section. When y'all ask questions, or request advice, we first scan your profile to get to know a bit about who we are trying to assist, thus greatly enhancing the quality of our help. As much about you, your aspirations/goals/education/experience(s)/athletics/achievements etc., as you are comfortable with. Please want no bank acct.#s/PIN#s, SSNs, usernames/passwords etc, lol!:eek:

ET, per your AW handle & 14-years AD, I assume you're perhaps an ET1/ETC, yes? If so, cool, Being a prior ET myself, I'm proud to say,,, that during my 22-year Navy career, I have come across a multitude of prior ETs (also all other priors), were having or had, very successful careers as Officers. In fact, my Wingman in our combat A-4C Squadron VA-146, 'Nam '66-'67, was also, like myself, a prior ET2 (SS). A minor historical point, my beloved wingie "Snoopy" and I "BusyBee", were determined by Navair, to be the first Naval Aviators & qualified in Submarines (Dolphins) in Naval history, to fly togetherin combat as a section (2--man) team, Snoopx & I survived many successful missions together, but enough history, as you'll get your fill in "90 -day wonder" school.:D

In summation, when you ask for help/advice/assistance, you will receive opinions/recommendations from a number of well qualified & experienced Officers & a few senior CPO/Officers in the recruiting field (NavyOffRec & RUFIO181). These opinions often vary based on the individuals responding, and what they would do in a similar situation. So pick, research, and select whatever suggestions suit you best, YMMV!:)

*For those aspiring to Naval Aviation and enjoy NA combat stories, we have a sticky thread in the Military Aviation In General forum titled " There I Was.........Stories Of A Vietnam Era A-4 Driver...." It contains many 'first hand' accounts of combat flights/missions, "TINS" (This Is No Sh*t), and Sea Stories, including a 13-pg. narrative of ol' BzBs shootdown/rescue from launch to arrival back in the USS Ranger sick bay some 6 hrs. after launch.:eek: There is also a clicky link available in the thread, to listen to a tape recording of the strike, shootdown, and SAR/rescue on SAR frequency, reeorded by the Ships E-2A. The OP post #1 on the thread, was my first AW post ever, 2,726 posts, and almost 5 years ago today. Any questions on the above, PM me... it's interesting to see/hear what any of you may someday be called upon to experience, you never know!;)

*Sorry for the half a post threadjack, but my time on AW may be cut short and I want to make this asset is known about, and is available to the new applicants.
BzB, prior ET2 (SS):cool:

egiv

Hey guys I'll be there April 6, looking forward to meeting everyone and getting going. I'm sure April will be here before we know it.

OKI_bound

Hello to all!!
Dave
Were you selected SWO-IP or straight IP? I'm looking to submit my first package this upcoming March for IW/IP (IT1(SW), 7 yrs AD, B.S. Cybersecurity, 3.79 GPA, CISSP)
I've been told by multiple people direct IP is hard to come by. Either way, congratulations.

OCShopefulET

PRO-R 1820(IP): 30AUG; FS : 08OCT; OCS: 06APR14
Were you selected SWO-IP or straight IP? I'm looking to submit my first package this upcoming March for IW/IP (IT1(SW), 7 yrs AD, B.S. Cybersecurity, 3.79 GPA, CISSP)
I've been told by multiple people direct IP is hard to come by. Either way, congratulations.
Thank you! I was selected straight IP. This was my second time applying. I was def pleasantly surprised when I was selected. I wish you the best.