• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

APEX - New ASTB Test?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Has anyone heard of this new computer based ASTB test? I have heard a little about it, but do not know anyone that has taken it. Anyone out there heard anything or has actually taken it? If so, fill us in...what was it like and are any study guides helpful?
ea6bflyr [^]

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
ea6bflyr,

My stash job at API was writting questions for the new ASTB. The new test will be progressive. If you get a question right, then the next question will be a little harder. Get it wrong, then you get an easier question. From what I understood meeting with the team in charge of the new test, it is still in the developement stage. Filling the question bank, then questions reviewed, etc... The last I new, it was still a year or two away from being used. It was sort of scary that API stash ENS's were the ones writing the new test questions. Those of us writing the questions joked about it. The new ASTB will be more like the Air Force AFOQT. The team developing the new test has looked at the AF tests and other test like the SAT, ACT, etc.. I believe that the new test will be a much better judge of what people know. So to answer your question, if you are talking about the "new" test, it will be a while.

Dave

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
That's more than I knew before. Thanks! From all the stuff I was seeing, it looked like it was going to be incorporated within the next year or so.
ea6bflyr [^]

Status
Not open for further replies.