• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Anyone know how to find an old NAVADMIN?

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm trying to locate CNO NAVADMIN 270/95 DTG 061206Z NOV 95

Anyone have any ideas or can help locate it, I'd appreciate it? I tried the CNO's admin office and NPC web site with no joy.

Perhaps someone's admin department has a binder of hard copies of old NAVADMINS?

Thanks in advance.

G

901e9135.jpg

Renegade One

None
Any context to be had here? What does the NAVADMIN discuss/concern? Oh...wait....lemme guess...chest cabbage?

NAVADMIN 270/95 (DTG 061206Z NOV 95) -- Termination date for the Southwest Asia Service Medal, National Defense Service Medal and award of the Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal for Operation "Southern Watch."

Why not bypass the NAVADMIN itself and just go to the current Awards Manual or wherever the "dates of applicability" are now listed?

Schnugg

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Not for chest candy. I'm trying to determine qualifying military service for my GS job. It can only be campaigns or expeditionary awards since I'm retired. It will add to my GS service time and change my vacation earning accrual rate. Which is worth money to me.

PERS is telling me my time doing OSW on the Vinson from Jul - Sep 96 does not count although I have a service record annotation that says it does per that NAVADMIN for an AFEM.

Do you happen to have it?

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I'm on my laptop so I don't have the link, but the DoD/Navy awards website has links to the instructions/messages for each award/campaign medal. Or at least, it had them for the one I was looking for.

I believe this is what I'm referring to: https://awards.navy.mil/ (getting a certificate error, but should work for you).

Schnugg

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Thanks, I've been all over that.

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
I'd call Millington. Seems to me someone there must be in charge of maintaining all these things on archival microfiche for at least 10 years, which should be plenty long enough unless you're really ol. . .oh wait. . .

Big Biff

Got Em
Day late and dollar short, but here is the link for all NAVADMINs after 2000

http://www.npc.navy.mil/ReferenceLibrary/Messages/

• NAVADMINs -- which are Navy-specific administrative messages, and
  • ALNAVs -- messages that are directed to all Navy units and the Marine Corps
This library contains messages from years 2000 thru 2009 ONLY. Please email for messages from 1996 thru 1999 (NAVADMIN) and from 1998 thru 1999 (ALNAV). Messages from years other than those indicated above are not available from the BUPERS Webmaster. When you email a request for an archived message, please include the message number. Archived messages cannot be searched for content.
Permissive Temporary Duty messages 109/92, 123/93, 078/95 are now available.

These things always come in handy when you have an admin question like Uniforms, Awards, Board selections

Schnugg

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Day late and dollar short, but here is the link for all NAVADMINs after 2000

http://www.npc.navy.mil/ReferenceLibrary/Messages/

• NAVADMINs -- which are Navy-specific administrative messages, and
  • ALNAVs -- messages that are directed to all Navy units and the Marine Corps
This library contains messages from years 2000 thru 2009 ONLY. Please email for messages from 1996 thru 1999 (NAVADMIN) and from 1998 thru 1999 (ALNAV). Messages from years other than those indicated above are not available from the BUPERS Webmaster. When you email a request for an archived message, please include the message number. Archived messages cannot be searched for content.
Permissive Temporary Duty messages 109/92, 123/93, 078/95 are now available.

These things always come in handy when you have an admin question like Uniforms, Awards, Board selections

OK...thanks....DTG 061206Z NOV 95 as in 1995....

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
It will add to my GS service time and change my vacation earning accrual rate. Which is worth money to me.

PERS is telling me my time doing OSW on the Vinson from Jul - Sep 96 does not count although I have a service record annotation that says it does per that NAVADMIN for an AFEM.

The AEFM should count, are they trying to say it does not or that you don't have one? Let us know the outcome, good luck!

Schnugg

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I got it to count. Used a service record entry, a signed certificate from the CAG, FITREPs, orders to CVW-14 at the time and list of eligible operations for the AFEM from the web site.

This earns me 6 more days a year paid vacation in 1 year into GS employment instead of 3.