• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Any updates on advanced for the E-6?

CaptainRon

pilot
Contributor
Couldn't find anything with a search.

When I first got to Vance, we were told training for the E-6 would be moved to the T-44 in Corpus. Now I'm hearing different things.

Any word on if/when the change will take place?

Thanks guys.

STLEngineer

pilot
My understanding is that it's a mixed bag at this point. What I gleened from the forum was that some were reporting to Vance, and some may be reporting to Corpus.

You could always walk over to the 32d if you're at Vance and ask one of the Navy IPs, they'd probably have a better idea than anyone outside CNATRA. I know it'd be nice to know, but even if you put E-6's first, it doesn't mean you're going to get it. You may just have to wait for your orders.

If you don't finish before your class completion date, you may end up having a month off and starting up T-1s with the class behind you. Have you asked anyone about this (if it matters to you)?

FlyBoyd

Out to Pasture
pilot
Nothing in stone yet but I "heard" FEB/MAR timeframe for the first E-6 selectors to report to VT-31. There maybe even one in a TW-4 pool now (uncomfirmed rumor).

A few factors involved...contractual obligations with the USAF, syllabus resurrection to include AR portions, delivery schedule of the T-44C (glass).

So I am quite sure we will screw the USAF and have to pay them extra money, not have a syllabus ready and there will be significant problems with the "charlie" mod as the SNAs show up.

Semper Gumby

... but even if you put E-6's first, it doesn't mean you're going to get it.

18-20 slots per year TOTAL

Enginerd

ENS / SNA
Rumor Confirmed! I am sitting in pool at TW-4 waiting to class up with VT-31 in late March. As far as I understand right now, everyone else is still being sent to Vance while they figure out the syllabus with me. I was informed when I selected back in October that the transition from Vance to Corpus was going to be a 2-year process.

gotta_fly

pilot
Update to the rumor mill. I'm the second guy in 3 weeks out of VT-2 destined to E-6s via Corpus. TACAMO was my first choice, so it seems like I got the best of both worlds. They are currently having us put in a preference for Vance or CC. (like the jet guys do for Kingsville or Meridian). I'm pretty sure it's a no-brainer- hooray for no Vance!

Pegasus

I'm glad to see that there are some others going through the Corpus E-6 pipeline. I guess I wasn't looking in the right thread. I selected TACAMO out of VT-2 in June and I class up 25AUG. Anyone else classing up around that time frame?

DoubleDuce

pilot
I classed up early this year at Vance with the T-1's. From what I heard the last SNA to come through here for the E-6's will be in Aug/Sep time frame this year. All of the Navy instructors here will be the last ones at Vance with the T-1's, they aren't rotating any new instructors in. Thank goodness. I can't stand this training and from what it sounds like nobody else can either.

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
I finished T-44s in Corpus in November 09 and there was an E-6 guy going through 31 at that time, he was a class behind me. He also went through 27 with me, maybe thats why they just decided to keep him there for advanced?

jollygreen07

Professional (?) Flight Instructor
pilot
Contributor
I finished T-44s in Corpus in November 09 and there was an E-6 guy going through 31 at that time, he was a class behind me. He also went through 27 with me, maybe thats why they just decided to keep him there for advanced?

Nah, because I finished two weeks ahead of him out of 27 and I went to Vance. Also, I know guys who selected after him who went to Vance out of Corpus as well. I think it had more to do with his NSS than his location. You @ssholes going to Corpus for E-6s are soo lucky! gosh!